Frequently asked questions about the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.

A Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat du Sélection du Québec) allows you to immigrate to and settle in Quebec. If your intended destination in Canada is within the province of Quebec, you must obtain a CSQ before you obtain a Permanent Resident Visa.

Quebec is responsible for selecting immigrants to settle within the province. In order to immigrate to Quebec, you must first obtain a Cértificat du Sélection du Québec (Quebec Selection Certificate, commonly known as a CSQ). It is important to note that a CSQ is not a Permanent Residence Visa. Once you submit an application for a CSQ, your qualifications are assessed at the provincial level, and once you receive approval at the provincial level (your CSQ) your application is submitted at the federal level for medical and security checks. You receive your Permanent Residence Visa after being approved at the federal level.

Quebec is a culturally distinct province, and the only predominantly francophone province in Canada. Your chances of being selected by Quebec depend on your ability and willingness to settle and work in the province and adapt to life in that province.

Possibly. The selection is done on a points-based assessment. If you meet the selection points requirements without speaking French you may still be granted the CSQ. Fill out our online assessment form to find out if you are eligible. 

No. It is important to note that the selection criteria for a Quebec Skilled Worker are not the same as those for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. If you obtain a CSQ, your application must still be submitted at the federal level for security and medical checks before permanent residence may be granted. However, your qualifications do not need to be assessed at the federal level, as the province will already have approved them and selected you for immigration to Quebec.

You can include your spouse or common-law partner on your application, as well as any of your dependent children aged 22 or younger. It is important to note that Canada recognizes same-sex unions.

No. The process of immigration to Quebec exists outside the federal Express Entry immigration selection system.

The Law Firm of Campbel, Cohen can represent you throughout the process, from the initial stage (application for a CSQ) until your Permanent Residence application is approved, which includes submission of your application at the federal stage as well.

Latest News

  • Government of Canada Moves Closer to Major Changes in Citizenship Law

    The Liberal government of Canada is edging closer to reversing controversial changes to the way Canada grants citizenship that were brought in under the previous government, which was led by Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

  • Canada and U.S. Agree New Preclearance System for Certain Border Crossings by Land

    Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and U.S. President Barack Obama have announced a new pilot project that will change the way people cross the border from Canada into the United States. This project will extend the preclearance system already used in many airports to travel between the two countries by land.