The Language Proficiency factor for English and French is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Immigration selection system.
In order for the applicant to receive points for English or French proficiency, language test results must be submitted.
- For more information on approved French tests, see Proving French Language Ability (Quebec Skilled Worker Program).
- For more information on the approved English tests, see Proving English Language Ability.
Up to 22 points are awarded under the language proficiency criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:
|French Proficiency||Low Beginner (A1)||High Beginner (A2)||Low Intermediate (B1)||High Intermediate (B2)||Advanced (C1)||Advanced (C2)|
|Listening||0 points||0 points||0 points||5 points||6 points||7 points|
|Speaking||0 points||0 points||0 points||5 points||6 points||7 points|
|Reading||0 points||0 points||0 points||1 point||1 point||1 point|
|Writing||0 points||0 points||0 points||1 point||1 point||1 point|
|English Proficiency||Beginner (CLB 1-4)||Intermediate (CLB 5-8)||Advanced (CLB 9-12)|
|Listening||0 points||1 point||2 points|
|Speaking||0 points||1 point||2 points|
|Reading||0 points||1 point||1 point|
|Writing||0 points||1 point||1 point|
French Language Proficiency:
- Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases).
- Speaking: Able to express basic needs.
- Listening: Able to understand practical information concerning everyday life.
- Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.
- Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations.
- Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.
- Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects.
- Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.
- Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life.
- Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.