The Language Proficiency criterion for English and French is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
In order for points to be awarded for language proficiency, language test results must be submitted along with immigration application:
- For more information on approved French tests, see Proving French Language Ability (Quebec Skilled Worker Program).
- For more information on the approved English test, see Proving English Language Ability - International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Up to 22 points are awarded under the language proficiency criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:
|French Proficiency||Low Beginner (A1)
||High Beginner (A2)
||Low Intermediate (B1)
||High Intermediate (B2)
|Listening||0 points||0 points||0 points||5 points||6 points||7 points|
|Speaking||0 points||0 points||0 points||5 points||6 points||7 points|
|Reading||0 points||0 points||0 points||1 point||1 point||1 point|
|Writing||0 points||0 points||0 points||1 point||1 point||1 point|
|English Proficiency||Beginner (CLB 1-4)
||Intermediate (CLB 5-8)
||Advanced (CLB 9-12)
|Listening||0 points||1 point||2 points|
|Speaking||0 points||1 point||2 points|
|Reading||0 points||1 point||1 point|
|Writing||0 points||1 point||1 point|
French Language Proficiency:
LOW Beginner -
- Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases);
- Speaking: Able to express basic needs.
HIGH Beginner -
- Listening: Able to understand practical information of everyday life;
- Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.
LOW Intermediate -
- Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations;
- Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.
- Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects;
- Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.
- Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life;
- Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.
Go to next criterion: Stay and Family in Quebec
Go back to Quebec Immigration Selection Criteria