Life in Canada: Support Your Settlement and Integration
You have prepared the proper immigration forms and received your entry visas to live in Canada, but how do you prepare for what you will face when you arrive?
Our Life in Canada section aims to provide you with the tools, resources, and information needed to ensure your successful integration into Canada's economy and society.
This information will help you make key decisions and address some of the following questions:
- Preparing for your move: How can I prepare myself before I move to Canada?
- Arriving in Canada: What happens when I arrive to the airport?
- First month: What do I need to do in my first month in Canada?
- Phone and Internet: How do I get a cellphone and internet plan?
- Work: How do I find work?
- Renting: How do I rent a home in Canada?
- Owning: How do I buy a home in Canada?
- Healthcare: How do I apply for healthcare coverage?
- Newcomer services: Where can I access free government settlement services for newcomers?
- Transportation: What are public transportation options available in Canada?
- Driving: How can I drive in Canada?
- Home entertainment: What are TV and home entertainment options in Canada?
- Furniture: How can I buy furniture in Canada?
We have designed our content to allow you to easily take advantage of the experience that we've gained over the years by working closely with individuals and families coming to Canada for the first time.
Do you require Canadian immigration assistance?
Cohen Immigration Law is a leading Canadian immigration law firm with over 45 years of experience. Cohen Immigration Law is comprised of over 60 Canadian immigration lawyers, paralegals, and other professionals. We are dedicated to helping people achieve their Canadian immigration goals. We assist in areas including skilled worker and business immigration, family sponsorship, work permits, study permits, citizenship, and inadmissibility. CanadaVisa.com was founded in 1994 as the online presence of Cohen Immigration Law. CanadaVisa has since blossomed into the one of the world's most trusted resources on Canadian immigration. Please reach out for assistance. We're happy to help:
Skilled Worker Assistance
Find out if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada through one of the country's over 100 skilled worker options.
Family Sponsorship Assistance
See if you are eligible to sponsor a loved one, or be sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Other Immigration Enquiries
Contact us about work permits, study permits, business immigration, citizenship, and inadmissibility.