Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec/Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)

The Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) is required for temporary foreign workers and students who intend to reside in the Province of Quebec.

A Quebec-based employer must secure a CAQ in addition to a Labour Market Opinion. The CAQ certifies that Immigration Quebec concurs with Service Canada’s assessment that hiring a foreign worker will have a neutral or positive effect on the local labour market. Jobs in Quebec that will last for a period of 30 days of less do not require a CAQ.

Individuals whose jobs are Labour-Market-Opinion-exempt do not need a CAQ to perform work in Quebec.

To find out if you or your business is eligible to apply for a CAQ, please contact Campbell Cohen today.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.