Ontario Opens Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream for new Applications, NOIs to Follow
After receiving a NOI and registering on Ontario's online system, invited candidates in the Express Entry pool are able to submit an application for an enhanced provincial nomination certificate.
If and when this nomination is approved, the candidate may then receive 600 additional points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for permanent residence during a subsequent draw from the pool.
To be eligible under the OINP Human Capital Priorities stream, candidates must:
- Have a profile in the Express Entry pool and score a minimum of 400 points under the CRS. The score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage;
- Have a minimum level of work experience;
- Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) criteria must have at least one year of continuous and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the five years prior to the date of the Notification of Interest from the OINP.
- Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria must have at least one year of cumulative and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the three years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
- Have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree OR an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that their foreign education credential is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD;
- Demonstrate English or French language proficiency level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all four competencies (speaking, reading, writing, and listening);
- Intend to reside in Ontario;
- Possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario; and
- Meet the additional criteria under either the FSWP or CEC.
To learn more about this story, please refer to this detailed article on CICNews.com.
To find out if you are eligible to enter the Express Entry pool, the first step to immigrating to Canada through Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities stream, please fill out a free online assessment.