If you are thinking about immigration to Winnipeg, Brandon or any other city in Manitoba, you may want to consider the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- Priority Assessment Category
- Employer Direct
- International Student
- Skilled Workers Overseas Category
- Business Immigration
- Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative
Priority Assessment Category
This category is for applicants who have been working full-time in Manitoba for at least six months and have received a full-time, long-term job offer from their employer. There are two streams under this category:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will settle permanently in Manitoba. They must have been working in Manitoba on a Temporary Work Permit for at least 6 months and have a permanent job offer from that employer. It is required that the employer:
- Has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Is offering full time, permanent position; and
- Offers compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements.
For this category, applicants must:
- Have graduated from a post-secondary program in Manitoba of at least one academic year in length;
- Have successfully applied for a post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada; and
- Be currently working in Manitoba and have received a full-time, permanent employment offer from their employer.
Skilled Workers Overseas Category
This category is for skilled workers who demonstrate a connection to Manitoba and score sufficient points based on their age, English proficiency, work experience, education, and the nature of their connection to the province. Your connection to Manitoba must be one of the following:
- Proof of a close family member in Manitoba;
- One Affidavit of Support from a distant relative or close friend in Manitoba;
- Evidence of a completed education program in Manitoba (non-language training) or;
- Proof of at least six months previous full-time work in Manitoba
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business was created to assist qualified businesspeople in moving to Manitoba to establish or purchase a business, or become partners in an existing business. Manitoba is currently in the process of restructuring its business immigration programs. For more information, please click here. Further information on this program is forthcoming.
Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative
Qualified farm business people may come to Manitoba through this program to start or purchase a farm. Formerly known as the “Young Farmer Nominee Program”, further information on this initiative is forthcoming. For more information, please click here.
For more information on Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), see our Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program FAQ.
Learn more about Manitoba.
Contact Us for more information about the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program