Frequently asked questions about the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is a program that allows Saskatchewan to nominate immigrants to fill the economic and labour market needs of the province.
To qualify as a skilled worker under the SINP, you must have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer as a worker in a skilled, professional, or managerial position OR have sufficient experience in one of Saskatchewan's in-demand occupations.

For a more comprehensive list of eligibility requirements for the SINP International Skilled Worker Category, click here.

This category is for foreign workers that are currently living in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Experience category accepts applications under the following different sub-categories:

  • Existing Work Permit 
  • Health Professionals
  • Hospitality Sector Project
  • Long Haul Truck Drivers, and
  • Students.

To learn more about the SINP Saskatchewan Experience Category, click here

The Students Sub-Category accepts applications from students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. Among the requirements, student applicants must have 24 months (two years) of full-time work experience in Canada, or six months if their post-secondary education institution is in Saskatchewan.

For a more comprehensive list of eligibility requirements for the Students Sub-Category of the SINP Saskatchewan Experience Category, click here.

This program was created for individuals who have been working in Saskatchewan as food and beverage servers, food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, or housekeeping and cleaning staff for at least six months on a valid work permit. The employer must receive approval from the province of Saskatchewan before the applicant begins work in Canada.

For more details on this sub-category of the SINP, click here.

As part of any PNP application, applicants are required to submit a Settlement Plan indicating why they wish to live in the province and how they intend to settle. Applicants are also required to sign an ‘intention to reside’ document with their application. That being said, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms ensures that all Canadian citizens and permanent residents are allowed to work and reside in any location across Canada. Once an individual obtains Canadian permanent residence, he or she has the right to work and reside in any Canadian province or territory.


To learn more about your Canadian immigration options, fill out a free online assessment today.

Latest News

  • Quebec’s new Expression of Interest system will take effect August 2

    The province of Quebec’s Ministry of Immigration provided more information Wednesday about its new Expression of Interest system, which will come into effect on August 2, 2018.

  • BC PNP issues 241 Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC invitations

    The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program issued 241 new invitations for a provincial nomination to skilled workers and graduates under its Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC streams in a draw that took place on July 11.