Express Entry candidates in certain priority occupations who have attended an information session hosted by the immigration authorities of New Brunswick may submit an application for an enhanced provincial nomination, but this option will only be available for a temporary period.
The priority occupations list includes a range of IT and health care occupations, as well as others in retail, finance, and food services.
This opportunity comes under the Express Entry Labour Market Stream (EELMS) of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP), through which New Brunswick targets foreign nationals in the Express Entry pool who meet the skills and experience required by the province.
The EELMS operates on an Expression of Interest (EOI) basis, whereby eligible candidates must first register before potentially receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to the program. Successful applicants receive 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points, followed by an ITA at the federal level when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts a draw from the pool.
After this temporary intake is closed, New Brunswick will only be accepting EOIs from individuals currently working in New Brunswick or individuals with a job offer from a company based in the province.
Under the new strategy implemented by New Brunswick, potential applicants to the EELMS must:
1) Be registered within the Express Entry pool;
2) Be eligible under the EELMS criteria, including having a valid language exam, an educational credential assessment, sufficient funds, and relevant work experience;
3) Have attended an information session in the past 24 months (since September 1, 2015); and
4) Be in one of the priority occupations below:
- Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171)
- Computer network technician (2281)
- Software engineers and designers (2173)
- Database analysts and data administrators (2172)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (3012)
- Licensed practical nurses (3233)
- Cooks (6322)
- Restaurant and food service managers (0631)
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (1311)
- Managers in health care (0311)
- Retail sales supervisors (6211)
- Financial auditors and accountants (1111)
The government of New Brunswick lists upcoming information sessions on this page of its website.
New Brunswick will accept applications until the quota is reached, at which point it will close the temporary opening to new EOIs.