Canada, Partner Countries Address Immigration Fraud in India
Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom have joined efforts to educate prospective visitors and immigrants about the dangers of using fraudulent immigration agents.
Speaking in Chandigarh, India, officials from the immigration departments of each country outlined their collective plans to crack down on crooked agents. Recently, such agents have been reported throughout India, promising guaranteed fast-track approval of visa applications.
“Crooked immigration agents often advise applicants to provide fake documentation or enter into marriages of convenience,” said Sidney Frank, the Canadian Area Director for Immigratino in South Asia. “Don’t be fooled,” he concluded.
- According to the officials, individuals looking to come to Canada should be advised of the following:
- Don’t be misled by false agents into believing that it is acceptable to submit forged documents with a visa application. It will be returned and further investigation may take place.
- Do not believe agents who say they can, in exchange for money, influence how fast applications are processed. The same goes for agents who claim they can guarantee 100% success. Visa processing times and admission decisions are made by government officials at a visa office.
- Do not be fooled by imposters pretending to be visa officers from embassies.
- Do not be deceived by job or visa scams. If a job offer sounds too good to be true, it could be a scam.
Hiring the right immigration representative is an important decision that can affect the outcome of an application to Canada. Therefore, individuals should be sure to choose only a qualified immigration consultant, lawyer, or other form of representative.