Frequently asked questions about the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP).
- Achieve a minimum score of 56 on the Nominee Assessment Grid;
- Achieve at minimum either:
- Level 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or
- Level 4 in the Test d’Evaluation De Francais (TEF);
- Have relevant entrepreneurial or business management experience;
- Have a minimum net worth of $250,000 CAD, verified by a Certified Third Party;
- Have at least $150,000 CAD in liquid assets (cash, bonds, cash derivatives etc.), verified by a Certified Third Party;
- Provide proof that the claimed net worth and liquid assets has been obtained through legal means;
- A business plan outlining how the Supported Applicant will establish a successful business venture in one of the industries listed on the Strategic Sector List. The Supported Applicant must demonstrate a minimum $150,000 CAD investment in the business with no less than 33.33 percent ownership, OR
- An equity investment in a business in one of the industries listed on the Strategic Sector List of at least $1,000,000 CAD.
- In both options, the Supported Applicant must demonstrate active and ongoing management of the business.
- Submit a Resettlement Plan demonstrating their intent to establish Yukon residency.
Candidates are required to meet further criteria during their first and second years in the Yukon. For more details, click here.
To learn more about the YNP Critical Impact Worker Program, click here.