If you are interested in working as a Supervisor, Finance or Insurance Office Worker in Canada, you will be pleased to know that candidates for your occupation in Canada are in high demand.
You can use this overview of the Canadian employment prospects in your field to start planning your immigration and settlement in Canada.
Important statistics for this occupation:
- Retirements will account for the majority of job openings in this field.
- The median yearly income for Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Office Workers is $49,150 in Canada, with high incomes reported in the range of $72,530.
Duties for Supervisors, Finance, and Insurance Office Workers
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the fields of accounting, payroll, banking, insurance, and collections. They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Description of Main Duties
Suprevisors, Finance and Insurance Office Workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; serving customers in banks, trust companies and other financial institutions; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits, deposits and withdrawals
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Example job titles for Supervisors, Finance, and Insurance Office Workers:
- Supervisor, accounting, billing, claims service, payroll, credit clerks, etc
- Accounts Payable Analyst
- Accounting Section Head
Find out about salary ranges for Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Office Workers in different Canadian cities with our Canada Salary Calculator.
You can start looking for a job in Canada by using our Canada Job Search Tool.