Rights And Responsibilities of Canadian Citizens
Once you obtain your Canadian citizenship, you will be entitled to all of the rights and freedoms afforded to Canadian citizens.
These rights include:
- Legal rights
- Equality rights
- Mobility rights
- Aboriginal Peoples' rights
- The right to peaceful assembly
- The right to vote
- Freedom of thought
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom to practice religion
It is important to recognize that these rights and freedoms come with responsibility.
These responsibilities include:
- To obey Canadian law.
- To express ones opinions freely while respecting the rights and freedoms of others.
- To help those in your community, for example, through volunteering.
- To take responsibility to protect our environment and preserve our heritage.
- To eliminate discrimination and injustice.
Contact Cohen Immigration Law for Canadian Citizenship Assistance
Do you need Canadian citizenship assistance? Cohen Immigration Law is here to help. We can assess your eligibility and submit your Canadian citizenship application to the Canadian government. Cohen Immigration Law offers over 45 years of expertise helping clients become Canadians.