The Quebec Ministry of Immigration is extending the time allowed for completing and submitting an Expression of Interest through the Arrima portal to 90 days.
Potential candidates previously had only 30 days to create and submit an Expression of Interest through the Arrima portal. Prospective candidates will now have 60 additional days to complete and submit their Expressions of Interest profile to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program bank of candidates.
If the Expression of Interest is not completed and submitted within the 90 days, the Expression of Interest form will be deleted. However, an Arrima account will remain active and the potential candidate will be able to create a new Expression of Interest under that same account.
The new Expression of Interest system replaced what was previously a strictly "first-come, first-served" application process for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, which only accepted a fixed number of applications from immigration candidates who did n ot meet one of the program's cap exemptions.
There is now no limit to the number of candidates who can submit a profile to the Expression of Interest bank.
The application process for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program involves the following steps:
- Completion of an Expression of Interest profile through the Arrima portal and entry into the QSWP's Expression of Interest Bank.
- Invitation to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, or CSQ) to selected candidates who meet criteria specified by the ministry. Having a job offer approved by Quebec's Immigration Ministry is one of the key factors taken into account.
- Application for a CSQ from Quebec's Immigration Ministry.
- Issuing of a CSQ to selected applicants.
- Submission of a Canadian permanent residence application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Find out if you're eligible for selection as a Quebec Skilled Worker by determining your potential score using the CanadaVisa Quebec Skilled Worker Points Calculator.