Ontario invites masters students in PNP draw
Ontario invited a total of 326 international masters students to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence on August 25.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) invited immigration candidates who had Expression of Interest (EOI) score of at least 37 through the Ontario Masters Graduate Stream.
Invited candidates now have 14 days to submit their application and pay the required $1,500 application fee.
Complete our free assessment form to see if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada!
The Ontario Masters Graduate Stream gives those who graduated with a master's degree the opportunity to immigrate to Ontario permanently. Candidates do not need to have a job offer to apply.
They must have graduated from an eligible university. The following is a list of all eligible universities in Ontario:
- Algoma University
- Brescia University College (Affiliated with the University of Western Ontario)
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- Dominican University College
- Huron University College (Affiliated with the University of Western Ontario)
- King’s University College at the University of Western Ontario
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- Ontario College of Art & Design University
- Queen’s University
- Royal Military College of Canada
- Ryerson University
- Saint Paul University (Federated with the University of Ottawa)
- St. Jerome’s University (Federated with the University of Waterloo)
- Trent University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- University of St. Michael’s College (Federated with the University of Toronto)
- University of Toronto
- University of Trinity College (Federated with the University of Toronto)
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Victoria University (Federated with the University of Toronto)
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
Recently, Ontario introduced a new Expression of Interest (EOI) system for Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
The OINP began using the EOI system for the Masters Graduate stream. This means that masters graduates in Ontario may register their interest to immigrate to Ontario through the stream at any time.
Before the introduction of the EOI system, candidates could only register when Ontario opens its online portal.
How to immigrate to Ontario through the Masters Graduate Stream
If you want to apply to immigrate to Ontario through the Masters Graduate Stream, you must first register an EOI profile on the OINP e-Filing portal. This means you will enter the pool.
You will then be given a score based on the information you submit when you register an EOI profile.
The points are awarded based on multiple factors such as your age, education, language ability, the region you studied or worked, work experience among other factors.
Complete our FREE assessment form to see if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada!