As of March 6, 2014, the province of Nova Scotia will be making important changes to the Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NS PNP).
he Community Identified Stream of the NS PNP will be replaced with the new Regional Labour Market Demand Stream. Individuals do not need a job offer to apply to this stream.
Eligible applicants must intend to work in one of the following eligible occupations:
- Systems Testing Technicians
- Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing technologists and Technicians
- Registered Nurses
- Head Nurses and Supervisors
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists and technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Technologists and Technicians
- Managers in Health Care
- Computer Engineers
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
User Support Technicians
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers
- Specialist Physicians
- General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Software Engineers and Designers
- Medical Laboratory Technologists and Pathologists’ Assistants
- Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Industrial Electricians
- Sheet Metal Workers
Applicants must meet a number of other requirements in order to be eligible to this new stream. They include at least low intermediate English or French proficiency (CLB 5), as well as at least two years of continuous full-time work experience in an eligible occupation within the last five years.
Further information on this program is forthcoming.