A diverse group of students studying together

Graduates who completed their studies in Canada and who wish to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit can now submit their application online if their country of residence is not Canada. Previously, only applicants within Canada could apply online through MyCIC. This program update came into effect as of February 5, 2016.

Once international students have completed their studies in an eligible program at an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution, they may apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which allows them to work in Canada.

Under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, international graduates can obtain an open work permit valid for up to three years, allowing them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry. They are not required to have a Canadian job offer at the time of application.