Applicants no longer need to submit an Exploratory Visit Application Form. Instead, applicants may now submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the program. The EOI will be put in a pool and assessed based on a points system.
Successful applicants will be chosen from amongst those who have submitted an EOI. Submission of an EOI is free, and applicants will remain in the pool for up to one year of submitting.
Applications to the program will only be accepted from individuals who submitted an EOI and were subsequently invited by the PNP-B to apply.
PNP-B applicants are no longer required to make an exploratory visit to Manitoba, though a visit is still strongly recommended.
Good-Faith Deposit and Processing Fees:
- The required good-faith deposit has been raised from $75,000 to $100,000.
- A non-refundable application processing fee of $2,500 is now required of new applications.
- All individuals invited from the EOI pool to submit an application must pay the $2,500 fee. Upon application approval, the good-faith deposit must be paid.
- Effective immediately, the PNP-B will no longer issue letters of invitation for exploratory visits to Manitoba.
- Individuals who have already received a letter of invitation may continue their application. However, they must use new application forms and comply with new documentation requirements. It is requested that they contact the program immediately, via email, to make necessary arrangements for an exploratory visit and interview.
- Individuals who have submitted an Exploratory Visit Application form but have not yet received a letter of invitation may participate in the EOI pool on a priority basis.
- No new EOI submissions will be accepted until processing of priority EOI submissions (from individuals who submitted Exploratory Visit Applications) has been completed.
- Applicants who have completed an exploratory visit and have been interviewed by a Program Officer within the past nine months may submit their applications within 90 days of the official announcement (made on Friday, August 2nd). They will be assessed based on previous requirements.
- Applicants who have already submitted their application are not affected by this announcement.
Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative:
- The Young Farmer Nominee Program is now called the Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative, and new regulations have been put in place to attract the most qualified farming candidates.
- Applicants applying to this initiative are not required to submit an EOI.
- Applicants must use new application forms and follow new documentation requirements.
- An exploratory visit to Manitoba for a minimum of 5 full days is required. Both an exploratory visit and interview by a Program Officer must be completed before submission of an application.
- Applicants must pay the new $2,500 application fee.
- The good-faith deposit for this initiative is $75,000.
Current Farming Applicants:
- Applicants who have already completed an exploratory visit and interview within the last nine months may submit an application within 90 days of the official announcement (made on Monday, August 5th). They must use new application forms and meet new documentation requirements.
- Applicants who have already received a letter of invitation to make an exploratory visit may do so. However, they must use new application forms and meet new documentation requirements. Program administrators request that individuals in this position contact the program via email as soon as possible to make further arrangements.
- Applicants who have received a letter of invitation for an exploratory visit or have already conducted their visit, and who have already submitted a complete application will not be subject to changes.
Further details on these program changes will be posted on the Manitoba PNP website as well as Canadavisa.com