Learn about the economic outlook for your occupation in Canada. Our Occupation Profiles will also tell you where in Canada your profession is most in demand.
The Federal Skilled Worker Program has reworked its list of eligible occupations. They can be viewed here. We are in the process of updating this section of the website to include the currently available 24 occupations. Please be patient while we make these necessary changes.
Find out about the employment prospects in Canada for your occupation...
To view current numbers of applications received towards the 500 maximum limit for each occupation, click here.
- 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers
- 0811 Managers in Natural Resources Production and Fishing
- 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Management Consulting
- 1312 Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
- 2121 Biologists and Related Scientists
- 2151 Architects
- 3111 Specialist Physicians
- 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- 3113 Dentists
- 3131 Pharmacists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3012 Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses
- 3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
- 3222 Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
- 3233 Licensed Practical Nurses
- 4151 Psychologists
- 4152 Social Workers
- 6321 Chefs
- 6322 Cooks
- 7204 Contractors and Supervisors in the Carpentry Trades
- 7301 Contractors and Supervisors in the Mechanic Trades
- 7241 Electricians (except Industrial and Power System)
- 7242 Industrial Electricians
- 7251 Plumbers
- 7237 Welders and Related Machine Operators
- 7312 Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
- 7371 Crane Operators
- 7372 Drillers and Blasters - Surface mining, quarrying and construction
- 8222 Supervisors in Oil, Gas Drilling and Service
Although the following occupations are not on the list of 29 qualifying occupations for the Federal Skilled Worker Category, there are still widespread opportunities for workers in these other professions. Click on each to discover what the employment prospects are for these occupations in Canada.