The Employer Job Offer stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has reached its intake limit, and is no longer receiving applications. Ontario's Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration has stated that 'The OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation, and will determine if any more applications can be accepted for this stream in the months ahead.'
This stream targets foreign workers with an eligible job offer from an Ontario employer. The job offer must be in a skilled occupation at level 0, A or B of the National Occupational Code (NOC), permanent and full-time(A full-time job is defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week, or 1,560 hours per year, of paid employment). The job offer must also meet the prevailing wage levels for the occupation in Ontario.
Applications to the Employer Job Offer stream must be submitted online. As the stream is not aligned with the Express Entry system, applicants are not required to enter the federal Express Entry pool. Successful applicants to the stream receive a 'base' provincial nomination certificate, after which they may then apply to the federal government for permanent residence.
In order to be eligible as a foreign worker under the OINP Employer Job Offer stream, applicants must:
- Have at least two years (24 months) of paid work experience in their intended occupation, either in Canada or abroad, within the previous five years; or,
- Have the appropriate required licensing in Ontario, if applying for a position in a regulated occupation in the province;
- Have a permanent, full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC levels 0, A, or B) from the employer that is also submitting an application; and
In addition, the applicant may be residing either abroad or in Canada. If the applicant is living in Canada, he or she must have a valid work permit, study permit or visitor record.
Further requirements for employers apply, and the employer is required to complete an Employer Form as part of the application package. The Ontario employer must:
- Have been in active business for at least three years;
- Have business premises in Ontario where the applicant will work;
- Demonstrate sufficient proof of recruitment efforts if the prospective nominee is currently living abroad, visiting Canada, or working in a province or territory other than Ontario;
- Be in compliance with all provincial labour laws, including, but not limited to, employment standards, health and safety, and labour relations legislation; and
- For employers located inside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA):
- Have a minimum gross revenue for the most recent fiscal year of $1,000,000, and
- Have at least five permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents at the location where the applicant is to work.
- For employers located outside the GTA:
- Have a minimum gross revenue for the most recent fiscal year of $500,000, and
- Have at least three permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents at the location where the applicant is to work.