Admissibility to Canada: Free Legal Consultation | Cohen Immigration Law Firm

Last updated: 20 March 2022

Call the Cohen Immigration Law Firm now for a free consultation: 

+1 (888) 947-9445

Do you want to visit Canada but have concerns you will be found inadmissible due to your criminal record? For example, have you been convicted of a DUI or another offense? Are you looking to visit Canada from the U.S.?

The Cohen Immigration Law Firm is here to help.

The Canadian government provides several options you can pursue to overcome criminal inadmissibility so you can enter Canada. 

Cohen Immigration Law will use its over 45 years of expertise to identify which option is best for you. 

How the Cohen Immigration Law Firm Can Help You

Canada is one of the most open nations on the planet welcoming tens of millions of foreign nationals each year. Prior to COVID, for instance, Canada welcomed 15 million American tourists each year.

However, Canada has strict rules when it comes to criminal inadmissibility. Having a criminal record or even a charge can be grounds for a Canadian border officer to deny you entry.

Cohen Immigration Law is a leading Canadian immigration law firm that uses its over 45 years of experience to help foreign nationals avoid surprises at the border. Our team of 60 immigration lawyers, paralegals, and other staff are here to provide you with trusted information, understand your situation, and give you the legal advice and service you need to make your entry to Canada as smooth as possible.

Our Areas of Expertise Include:

  • Assisting travelers from the U.S. overcome misdemeanors, felonies, and charges
  • Entering Canada with a DUI
  • Entering Canada if you have been deported from the U.S.
  • Transiting through Canada
  • Overcoming inadmissibility ahead of your Canadian hunting or fishing trip
  • Helping airline staff and performing artists

Our Services:

The Canadian government offers several remedies to help foreign nationals overcome criminal inadmissibility. The option that you can pursue depends on circumstances such as the type of crime you completed, the severity of the crime, the number of offenses you have completed, and when you completed your sentence. Schedule a free telephone consultation with our experts so we can identify the best option for you. Common solutions include:

  • Applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)
  • Rehabilitation
  • Obtaining a Legal Opinion Letter
  • Applying for Authorization to Return to Canada

Get a Free Legal Consultation