If you are interested in working as a Property Administrator in Canada, you will be pleased to know that the outlook for your occupation in Canada is extremely healthy, with nearly twice the amount of opportunities as job seekers.
You can use this overview of the Canadian employment prospects in your field to start planning your immigration and settlement in Canada.
Important statistics for this occupation:
- Retirements will account for approximately 61% of job openings for the 2011 to 2020 time period.
- The median yearly income for Property Administrators is $41,600 in Canada, with high incomes reported in the range of $73,840.
Duties for Property Administrators
Property administrators perform administrative duties and co-ordinate activities related to the management and rental of investment property and real estate on behalf of property and strata property owners. They are employed by property, real estate and strata services management companies, property development companies and by government.
Description of Main Duties
Property Administrators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Negotiate or approve rental or lease of various properties in a portfolio on behalf of property owners and ensure that terms of lease agreement are met
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services, such as cleaning and maintenance, security services and alarm systems
- Co-ordinate the implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on buildings and monitor progress and cost of work for property owners
- Compile and maintain records on operating expenses and income, prepare reports and review rents to ensure they are at market value
- Ensure that trouble calls received from clients or tenants are acted upon
- Administer damage deposits
- May hire and supervise rental agents, property clerks, building superintendents or other support staff performing operational, clerical or maintenance duties.
Example job titles for Property Administrators:
- Property Rental Agent
- Real Estate Rental Agent
- Accommodation Officer
- Residential Property Manager
- Housing Development Officer
Find out about salary ranges for Property Administrators in different Canadian cities with our Canada Salary Calculator.
You can start looking for a job in Canada by using our Canada Job Search Tool.