+1 (514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445  | Home About Forum News Client Portal Contact
Campbell Cohen immigration law firm Canada Immigration Lawyers

International Experience Canada (IEC) Technical Issues 'Have Been Fixed'

the CanadaVisa Team - 27 April, 2016

Computer imp
Computer imp

Technical issues that had put a halt to the application process under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program 'have been fixed,' according to a notice that appeared today on the government of Canada's website.

Earlier this week, CanadaVisa.com reported that technical issues affecting the application process for the IEC program were causing frustration among individuals wishing to come to Canada through the popular program, which allows young people from certain countries to come and work in Canada under one of three categories: Working Holiday, Young Professional, and International Co-op.

On April 27, however, the following notice appeared:

Technical issues affecting IEC invitations have been fixed and we are inviting Young Professional and Co-op candidates to submit their applications. Working Holidays invitations for almost all countries will follow shortly.

Applicants who are having problems with the “Personal details” form should follow these steps.

There remains no clear timeline for when Working Holiday candidates may be selected, nor is there any indication as to the order in which candidates may be chosen, as determined by their nationality.

Citizens of the following countries may be eligible to work in Canada under one of the three IEC categories:

ChileCosta RicaCroatia
Czech RepublicDenmarkEstonia
Hong KongIrelandItaly
LithuaniaNetherlandsNew Zealand

Working Holiday

Participants in this category can receive an open work permit, valid for one to two years. Open work permits allow participants to work anywhere in Canada for almost any Canadian employer. Nationals of some countries may be allowed to stay in Canada for more or less than one year.

Young Professional

Under this category, citizens of participating countries can gain valuable international experience by working for a Canadian company. A signed job offer letter or contract of employment with a Canadian employer related to the applicant’s professional development is required before applying.The job offered must be classified as a National Occupation Code (NOC) Skill Type Level 0, A, or B.

International Co-op

This category allows citizens of participating countries who are enrolled at a post-secondary institution in their country of citizenship to spend a period of time interning for Canadian companies. Participants must arrange co-op placements with Canadian employers before applying. Applicants must be registered students for the duration of the internship.

Candidates for all categories must:

Please note that specific age and eligibility requirements may vary by country.

To learn more about International Experience Canada (IEC), click here.

Work Employer Studywork