If you are interested in working as an Insurance, Real Estate, or Financial Brokerage Manager in Canada, you will be pleased to know that the job outlook for your occupation in Canada is extremely healthy with slightly more opportunities projected than job seekers.
You can use this overview of the Canadian employment prospects in your field to start planning your immigration and settlement in Canada.
Important statistics for this occupation:
- There is generally no mobility between different types of manager positions in this field.
- This field allows progression to senior management with experience.
- The majority of new job openings in this field will result from retirements, since workers in this field are typically older than average and also typically retire at a younger age.
- Expansion demand will also increase the number of opportunities available in this field.
- An appreciable amount of opportunities in this field will be filled by new immigrants to Canada.
- Candidates with considerable experience in finance, public administration, or business, along with solid management skills, will be good candidates for this occupation.
- Purchasing managers are always needed in Canada’s major cities. However, many smaller cities and towns across Canada are experiencing economic booms and are in need of experienced managers to lead new and expanding companies.
- The median yearly income for a Purchasing Manager is $80,000 in Canada, with high incomes reported in the range of $128,000.
Duties for Insurance, Real Estate, and Financial Brokerage Managers
Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers provide insurance, mortgage, real estate, and investment departments and establishments with services planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating activities. They are generally responsible for business development and must ensure that their group reaches performance levels related to established objectives. They are employed by insurance companies, real estate firms, stockbrokers, investment dealers, mortgage brokers and security and commodity exchanges.
Description of Main Duties
Insurance, Real Estate, and Financial Brokerage Managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Insurance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment or department that provides automobile, fire, life, property or other types of insurance services.
- Real estate service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment or department that buys, sells and leases residential and commercial property for clients.
- Mortgage broker managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment or department that finds lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients seeking a mortgage.
- Securities managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an establishment or department that buys and sells stocks, bonds and other forms of investments on behalf of individual or institutional clients; manage the investments of their own clients.
Example job titles for Insurance, Real Estate, and Financial Brokerage Managers:
- Bond sales manager
- Brokerage manager – investments
- Commodities trading manager
- Financial brokerage manager
- Insurance claims service manager
- Insurance manager
- Investment manager
- Mortgage broker manager
- Real estate service manager
- Securities sales director
- Trading floor manager
Find out about salary ranges for Insurance, Real Estate, and Financial Brokerage Managers in different Canadian cities with our Canada Salary Calculator.
You can start looking for a job in Canada by using our Canada Job Search Tool.