The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) allows temporary entry to Canada for a duration of up to one year for eligible investors, independent executives and individuals responsible for setting up a commercial presence.

Anyone deemed eligible under the CPTPP’s Investors Category receives a work permit that is good for one year and may be extended if necessary.

Investors are defined as business persons who are seeking entry into Canada to:

  • establish, develop or administer an investment to which they or their enterprise has committed, or is in the process of committing, a substantial amount of capital; and
  • serve in a capacity that is supervisory, executive or involves essential skills.

Program requirements are similar to the NAFTA Investors category in terms of evaluating whether the amount of capital invested qualifies as substantial.

Investor work permits are currently only available to citizens of Australia, Japan, Mexico or Vietnam.

Contact Us

Please complete the form below to submit your work permit query directly to one of our specialists.

Please let us know your name.

Please let us know your email address.

Please provide your location.

Invalid Input

Please describe your Work Permit Inquiry(*)
Please let us know your message.

Please provide complete details about the position offered to the foreign worker, as well as information about the foreign worker (e.g. qualifications, nationality, etc.)

Is this an Intra-Company or Related-Company transfer?
Invalid Input

Get Started

Tools and Resources

Latest News

  • Canada invites 3,350 candidates to immigrate to Canada in latest draw

    The Government of Canada issued invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence to 3,350 candidates on February 20.

  • BC PNP invites more immigration candidates through Tech Pilot

    The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program's Tech Pilot invited 28 Skills Immigration and Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence on February 19.