The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)'s new Express Entry Stream allows the province of Alberta to nominate a limited number of eligible candidates from the Government of Canada’s Express Entry pool.
The AINP says it will target Express Entry candidates who have strong ties to Alberta or who can help support the government’s economic development and diversification priorities.
Express Entry candidates who are nominated by a Canadian province receive 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points and an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in a subsequent draw from the Express Entry candidate pool.
International graduates who have completed their studies in a Canadian post-secondary institution may also be considered under this stream.
How the AINP selects Express Entry Candidates
Foreign nationals can only apply to the Alberta Express Entry stream after receiving a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter from the province. Eligible candidates will be contacted directly by the AINP through their Express Entry profile.
Only those Express Entry candidates who receive an invitation, or NOI letter from the AINP can submit an application for a provincial nomination under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
The AINP will select candidates based on the self-declared information in their Express Entry profile.
Candidates may receive a NOI if they:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool;
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta;
- Are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification; and
- Have a minimum CRS score of 300.
In addition, the AINP is more likely to select candidates with one or more adaptability factors. The candidate must:
- Have a valid Alberta job offer and/or work experience; and/or
- Be a graduate of an Alberta post-secondary institution with a valid Alberta job offer; and/or
- Have Parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta.
Candidates must receive an email request to submit an application to apply to the program.
Factors that may decrease the chances of receiving a NOI letter include:
- An Express Entry profile that expires in three (3) months or less.
- Work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada Refusal to Process a Labour Market Impact Assessment list;
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list; or
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP stream.
Alberta Express Entry Draws
|Draw date||Minimum CRS score||Number of NOIs Issued|
|November 6, 2018||302||57|
|October 16, 2018||304||94|
|October 10, 2018||319||47|
|September 14, 2018||301||152|
|August 23, 2018||312||24|
|July 26, 2018||302||67|
|July 6, 2018||302||155|