How to Study in Canada, Work, and Immigrate |
+1 (514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445  | Home About Forum News Client Portal Contact Advertise
Cohen Immigration Law Canada Immigration Lawyers

Need help staying in Canada?

We're here for you during these difficult times. Reach out for a free, no obligation consultation:

CanadaVisa cares.

The coronavirus pandemic has led to challenging times in Canada and abroad.

Many people are under distress. We understand.

We’re here to help you figure it out, so you can have peace of mind.

You could be an international student, work permit holder, or visitor looking to prolong your stay in Canada. You may be seeking a pathway to permanent residence.

Or you may be looking to reunite with a loved one.

Whatever the reason, reach out to discuss your immigration needs, and we’ll provide our insights and help as much as we can.

Stay healthy. Stay at home, your new home. Stay in Canada.

International student with her family

Extend your stay

The coronavirus pandemic may have affected your studies, work, or travel plans. You may be under stress.

You may be having trouble accessing your college or university’s international student advisor for advice on immigration matters. If you’re already a worker, visitor, or spouse in Canada, you may be looking to extend your status for a number of reasons. For instance, it may not be safe, or feasible, for you to return to your country of origin at the moment.

The least that we can do is help you take the stress out of extending your stay in Canada.

Get in touch, if you’re a:

  • Student: I want to renew my permit or apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit
  • Worker: I want to renew my work permit
  • Visitor: I want to extend my visitor visa or obtain a study or work permit
  • Spouse: I want to obtain a study or work permit while my sponsorship application is being processed
Help me extend my stay

Man wearing Canada jacket in the winter

Explore your pathway to PR

While it may be difficult to feel positive at the moment, let's focus on the silver lining.

If you're already in Canada, you may have a competitive advantage. Many federal and provincial programs value your Canadian work and study experience, and language skills.

Since March, the federal government has been holding dedicated Express Entry draws for those with Canadian experience.

The sooner you enter the Express Entry pool, the sooner you may be able to obtain an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

We're here to provide you with counselling on how to improve your Comprehensive Ranking System score and prepare your documents quickly.

With over 80 permanent residence pathways to choose from, we'll walk you through potential options.

So you can focus on staying healthy and getting through this.

Man wearing Canada jacket in the winter

Sponsor a loved one

It's difficult if you're stuck at home during the coronavirus pandemic and your loved ones aren't with you.

Canadians from coast to coast are being asked to stay inside to contain the spread of COVID-19, which may lead to feelings of isolation and lost human connection.

The good news is you can still sponsor your wife, husband, partner, or children. In addition, your immediate family members could potentially be exempt from Canada's current COVID-19 travel restrictions, meaning they may be eligible to come to Canada during this challenging period.

Feel free to reach out to us for advice on how to reunite with your loved ones.

We're also here to help if you're already living with your common law partner in Canada and wish to sponsor them for permanent residence.

couple in love hugging