If you are interested in working in Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations in Canada, you will be pleased to know that the outlook of your occupation in Canada is extremely healthy with significantly more opportunities than job seekers.
You can use this overview of the Canadian employment prospects in your field to start planning your immigration and settlement in Canada.
Important statistics for this occupation:
- This field allows advancement to managerial positions in public relations, communications and fundraising with additional training and experience.
- Job openings in this field will result from retirements and expansion demand, with expansion demand growth higher than for all other occupations over the period of 2011 to 2020.
- Approximately one third of workers will come from other occupations, with a significant portion of new workers coming from the immigration population.
- Though this classification is relatively new, the median yearly income can be estimated at $68,350 in Canada, with high incomes expected in the range of $110,200.
Duties for Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations
This group includes specialists in advertising, marketing and public relations who analyse, develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, analyse advertising needs and develop appropriate advertising and marketing plans, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
Description of Main Duties
Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Arrange interviews and news conferences
- Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.
Example job titles for Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations:
- Agent – musicians, sports, entertainment, etc.
- Communications – advisor, consultant, officer, etc.
- Advertising – account manager, specialist, etc.
- Information – officer, coordinator, organizer, etc.
- Press Agent
- Public Relations – agent, coordinator, practitioner, etc.
Find out about salary ranges for Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relationsin different Canadian cities with our Canada Salary Calculator.
You can start looking for a job in Canada by using our Canada Job Search Tool.