Nova Scotia Occupation in Demand Stream
Nova Scotia’s Occupation in Demand Stream is a three-year pilot for candidates with an eligible job offer in a targeted intermediate-skilled occupation.
Introduced in May 2019, the Occupation in Demand Stream is used to nominate workers in occupations “in high labour demand” in Nova Scotia for Canadian permanent residence.
Occupations targeted through the stream are subject to change as labour market needs in the province evolve.
The stream is currently open to eligible candidates with a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in the following two occupations, both of which are considered Skill Level C under Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC):
- NOC 3413 — Nurses aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 7511 — Transport truck drivers
Nova Scotia Occupation in Demand: Eligibility Requirements
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the Occupation in Demand Stream:
- One year of work experience related to the job;
- 21 to 55 years of age;
- A high school diploma (or foreign equivalent);
- Appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job;
- Language ability equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 through official language test results;
- Sufficient financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.
Work experience and transferable skills will be verified via letters of reference from employers and supporting employment documents.