saskatchewan entrepreneur category draw July 18

The province of Saskatchewan issued invitations to apply to 187 candidates in its Entrepreneur Category in a draw held July 18.

Saskatchewan's Entrepreneur Category is for eligible candidates in the province's Expression of Interest (EOI) pool who would like to establish a business that meets specified provincial criteria.

In order to be eligible, interested immigrant entrepreneurs must first submit an EOI to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

An EOI is a pre-application that screens interested candidates for eligibility and provides them with a ranking score based on the Entrepreneur Category's points assessment grid. Factors considered under the grid include entrepreneurial experience, language proficiency, education / training, net worth, investment amount, and other factors.

Entrepreneurs who are invited to apply for an SINP Entrepreneur Approval Letter and receive one can then apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for a Temporary Work Permit.

Those who fulfill the terms of their Business Performance Agreement with the SINP for at least six months can then apply to Saskatchewan to nominate them for permanent residence.

Candidates who received an Invitation to Submit an Application (ISA) letter in the July 18 draw and wish to apply for an SINP Entrepreneur Approval Letter must meet the following deadlines:

  • Within 20 calendar days of receiving an ISA: Pay a non-refundable $2,500 CAD processing fee and select and identify a third-party financial review service provider in their online SINP profile.
  • Within 90 calendar days of receiving an ISA: Submit their compete electronic application, including all required documents and submit their Business Performance Agreement.
  • Within 180 calendar days of receiving an ISA: Submit their Third Party Verification Report.

To learn more about Saskatchewan's Entrepreneur Category, visit our dedicated page.

Complete our free online assessment to find out if your are eligible for the SINP or any other Canadian immigration programs.