Five new occupations added to Global Talent Stream
The Global Talent Stream
The GTS is a Canadian work permit program that expedites application processing in order to help employers in Canada move quickly to hire foreign tech talent that will help them grow.
As part of Canada's broader Global Talent Strategy, the GTS is contained within Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's general Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
The GTS allows for the work permit applications and temporary resident visas (if applicable) of qualified program applicants to be processed in around two weeks from the date of submission.
Five newly eligible GTS occupations
On December 22, 2022, ESDC expanded the eligible occupations list for the GTS from 12 to 17. The full list, including their accompanying National Occupation Classification 2021 (NOC 2021) codes, is below.
An asterisk (*) denotes a new occupation added to the GTS list on December 22, 2022.
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 2021 code: 20012)
- Civil Engineers (NOC 2021 code: 21300)*
- Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2021 code: 21310)*
- Mining engineers (NOC 2021 code: 21330)*
- Aerospace engineers (NOC 2021 code: 21390)*
- Computer engineers (NOC 2021 code: 21311)*
Note: This section excludes software engineers and designers
- Mathematicians and statisticians (NOC 2021 code: Subset of 21210)
Note: Positions for actuaries or related occupations are excluded from this subset
- Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2021 codes: 21211 Data Scientists; 21220 Cybersecurity Specialists; 21221 Business System Specialists; 21222 Information System Specialists; 21233 Web Designers)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2021 codes: 21211 Data Scientists; 21223 Database Analysts and Data Administrators)
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2021 codes: 21211 Data Scientists; 21231 Software Engineers and Designers)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2021 codes: 21230 Computer Systems Developers and Programmers; 21232 Software Developers and Programmers; 21234 Web Developers and Programmers)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2021 codes: 21233 Web Designers; 21234 Web Developers and Programmers)
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2021 code: 22310)
- Computer network and web technicians (NOC 2021 code: 22220)
- Information systems testing technicians (NOC 2021 code: 22222)
- Producer, technical, creative and artistic director and project manager – Visual effects and video game (NOC 2021 code: Subset of 51120)
Note: The position requires at least three years of industry experience in the video game or animation industries working in one or a combination of the roles found here
- Digital Media and Design (NOC 2021 code: Subset of 52120)
Note: The position requires at least three years of industry experience in at least one of the digital media design skills included here.
Complete our FREE Assessment form to see if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada