+1 (514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445  | Home About Forum News Client Portal Contact
Cohen Immigration Law Canada Immigration Lawyers

Applications to extend temporary status while inside Canada must now be made online

the CanadaVisa Team - 11 June, 2019

Temp resident online
Temp resident online

Foreign nationals present in Canada on temporary resident status who wish to extend their status must apply by electronic means only, unless otherwise specified, under a new update issued June 4.

All applications from within Canada must now be made by electronic means for:

•  extensions of temporary resident status

•  study or work permits

•  renewals of study; or

•  renewals of work permits. 

Exceptions are possible in cases of disability or where systems are unavailable or unreliable due to natural disasters or system issues or outages.

Persons may apply online outside of Canada using the Come to Canada and MyAccount portals.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) said it would continue to receive paper applications from clients who are unable to apply through the Come to Canada tool.

Discover your Canada immigration options

Immigrate Work Study Temporary Resident