Visiting Canada: Temporary Resident Visas and electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

This simple tool allows you to determine what steps you need to take in order to make your entry to Canada as smooth and stress-free as possible. Just complete the short questionnaire, follow the steps, and prepare for your arrival in Canada.

When seeking entry to Canada on a temporary basis, the first thing you will need to know is whether you need:

  • A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), or
  • An electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). need:

The main exception is U.S. citizens, who do not require a TRV or an eTA.

Step 1: Tell us about your country of citizenship

To begin, please tell us whether you are a citizen of the United States, or a citizen of another country.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided by this tool is generally applicable for individuals intending to visit Canada for less than six months.

Powered by