If you are interested in working as Home Building and Renovation Manager in Canada, you will be pleased to know that job candidates in your occupation in Canada are in demand.
You can use this overview of the Canadian employment prospects in your field to start planning your immigration and settlement in Canada.
Important statistics for this occupation:
- Extensive experience in the home construction industry, including experience as a general supervisor, is usually required for self-employment as a home builder or a home renovator.
- This field allows progression to senior management with experience.
- The majority of new job openings in this field will result from retirements, with retirement rate that is slightly above average for all occupations, as workers are generally older than those in other occupations.
- An increase in opportunities is due to a boom in construction as a major driving force in the creation of jobs nationally since the start of this decade. This growth is from the construction of new housing units and numerous home renovation projects.
- Many newcomers to this field will come from related occupations.
- Home Building and Renovation Managers are always needed in Canada’s major cities. However, many smaller cities and towns across Canada are experiencing economic booms and are in need of experienced home builders and renovators for the construction of homes.
- The median yearly income for a Home Building and Renovation Manager is $70,000 in Canada, with high incomes reported in the range of $102,100.
Duties for Home Building and Renovation Managers
Home building managers or builders own, operate and manage companies engaged in the construction of new residential homes. Home renovation managers or renovators own, operate and manage companies engaged in the renovation of existing residential homes.
Description of Main Duties
Home Building and Renovation Managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a residential home building or renovating company
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications
- Select, employ and supervise trade subcontractors to do specialized work, such as plumbing, heating and electrical work
- Plan and prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors to ensure quality and conformity with plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and trade subcontractors
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote company's products and services
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home construction or renovation activities.
Example job titles for Home Building and Renovation Managers:
- Contractor, home renovation
- Contractor, residential homes
- Home builder
- Home renovator
- Renovation contractor
- Residential home builder
Find out about salary ranges for Home Building and Renovation Managers in different Canadian cities with our Canada Salary Calculator.
You can start looking for a job in Canada by using our Canada Job Search Tool.