+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
Good...what is OSC ?
Did you see Decision Made under Sponsor side before you received the SA email ?

I can see Decision Made on Sponsor side when i got the AOR email but did not got any Sponsor Approval email..
Even i am not sure what OSC is !! doesn't have much details on the letter i got.
Yes, ECAS changed the status to decision made when i got the letter on sponsor side.

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
Hi, my husband is sponsoring his 17-year-old daughter from India. He has no whereabouts on his ex wife's current location. So, the document check list says "if you are unable to provide the IMM5604 Declaration from non-accompanying parent for minor, provide a detailed explanation. Can anyone help on what exactly he should be mentioning to the immigration officer and does that application stand a chance for approval? Thank you for throwing some light on this.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

Are there any pinoys here? I just have a quick question regarding PDOS. Do you have to attend PDOS in person or you can opt for an Online Certificate? Please advise.

Thank you in advance. God bless!

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
Hi, my husband is sponsoring his 17-year-old daughter from India. He has no whereabouts on his ex wife's current location. So, the document check list says "if you are unable to provide the IMM5604 Declaration from non-accompanying parent for minor, provide a detailed explanation. Can anyone help on what exactly he should be mentioning to the immigration officer and does that application stand a chance for approval? Thank you for throwing some light on this.
Hi, my wife and I are sponsoring her teenage daughter under similar circumstances. The biological father is nowhere to be found. Although the application is still in progress, the immigration consultant with whom we are working told us to provide a letter in lieu of the IMM5604 that describes the circumstances of how the father abandoned the family and how he has provided no financial support to the child. We also described, in brief, our efforts to locate the biological father but we were unable to do so.

Since the application is still pending, I can't say if what we did will work, but the consultant says it is sufficient. I think absent parents are, sadly, common enough that IRCC understands that it happens. So long as you provide the letter, it should be enough.

As an aside, I was told that you should do your best to ensure that the mother of your step-daughter does not find out about her PR application. Apparently, even if the parent is absent for the totality of the child's life, if they find out about the child immigrating to Canada, they can cause a lot of issues for you, even to the point of demanding that you sponsor the absent parent, too! Once your step-daughter is landed and has her CoPR, then there is nothing the biological mother can do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@OrangeBunny provided some comments. Those are definitely things you can/should do. But I think it's unclear whether you can count upon this working.

What you would really want is some legal decision or document declaring the father the sole guardian - or equivalent wherever you are. This will depend on the locality and possibility of actually getting this concluded; in many jurisdictions this would mean attempting to contact the spouse, public notices, etc. (Obviously if the father does not currently reside with the child, that may make things more different).

You might also wish to apply for TRV for the child. If she gets approved (chances may actually be quite low), at least she would be with the family while this plays out.

But: you do not say the exact age. As soon as she turns 18, IRCC will no longer require this permission. It may be a bit chancey to apply before she turns 18 but given processing times, it may be a moot point by the time she actually gets considered for exact eligibility and final approval.

Personally if no legal docs are feasiblle, I would proceed as suggested above - explain that the mother is not around, all of the other points; possibly petition/start the process to at least attempt to get sole legal guardianship (although I know nothing of the process in India); and refer explicitly to age of the child and that you anticipate she will be a legal adult by the time the application is approved.

Note: this is not a guarantee it won't be rejected. But an IRCC officer may decide it's not worth rejecting on that basis since it will be a non-issue in a short period of time.

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
@OrangeBunny provided some comments. Those are definitely things you can/should do. But I think it's unclear whether you can count upon this working.

What you would really want is some legal decision or document declaring the father the sole guardian - or equivalent wherever you are. This will depend on the locality and possibility of actually getting this concluded; in many jurisdictions this would mean attempting to contact the spouse, public notices, etc. (Obviously if the father does not currently reside with the child, that may make things more different).

You might also wish to apply for TRV for the child. If she gets approved (chances may actually be quite low), at least she would be with the family while this plays out.

But: you do not say the exact age. As soon as she turns 18, IRCC will no longer require this permission. It may be a bit chancey to apply before she turns 18 but given processing times, it may be a moot point by the time she actually gets considered for exact eligibility and final approval.

Personally if no legal docs are feasiblle, I would proceed as suggested above - explain that the mother is not around, all of the other points; possibly petition/start the process to at least attempt to get sole legal guardianship (although I know nothing of the process in India); and refer explicitly to age of the child and that you anticipate she will be a legal adult by the time the application is approved.

Note: this is not a guarantee it won't be rejected. But an IRCC officer may decide it's not worth rejecting on that basis since it will be a non-issue in a short period of time.
@armoured makes a really good point. I totally neglected to mention that my wife does have a legal document that revokes guardianship from the father. That was an egregious omission on my part. That all happened many years before I met my wife, so I guess it just didn't occur to me.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured makes a really good point. I totally neglected to mention that my wife does have a legal document that revokes guardianship from the father. That was an egregious omission on my part. That all happened many years before I met my wife, so I guess it just didn't occur to me.
Warning: based on this I have to revoke what I wrote above. I honestly do not know whether IRCC would accept an application without this form OR the legal guardianship. Obviously when the kid is 18 it's still fine.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Any has tried getting OHIP after getting the AOR and SA ? any idea if we can ?
I am paying for the medical insurance as my employer does not provide family medical insurance...
too costly...

let me know if you find anything about this...

konakallaramesh

Jul 21, 2018
I had got request for Medical for TRV on 6th Jan, I had applied on 14th Nov....I assume this is a good thing as they are considering to give TRV, but again there was no update on trv for me after medical...
Did you get any update after medical? Is status changed to medical passed? Is final decision made on TRV?

Ninja11

Sep 27, 2016
I am not able to link my Dependent Child Application online using Option 2: Sign-In Partner.
Here is my timeline
Application Received 9 Nov 2020
AOR1 Email on 26 Jan 2021.