+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
I am happy to see this thread. We are in the process of applying for our son. Should have all paperwork completed in three weeks and will most likely have questions.

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
I am happy to see this thread. We are in the process of applying for our son. Should have all paperwork completed in three weeks and will most likely have questions.
Same here....I am applying it for my daughter and targetting to submit the application this mth.

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
I need your guidance in filling out the form IMM0008 - ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS / DECLARATION FORM

I am in the process of applying child sponsorship. My daughter is 3 Yrs old and Born outside Canada. My Wife and I are PR holders.
I am not sure if this form is applicable for this sponsorship.
My child is the principal applicant. Am I correct here? Which means she doesn't have any dependents on her own.
I am not sure if this application form has to be filled out from the perspective that child is the principle applicant or the sponsor (in this case it is me)?

Question 10: Relationship to principal applicant. This is where I was confused and not sure if this form is applicable in our case.

Please advise.
Also Question 3 is asking for UCI. It must be left as blank right?

SHA828

Dec 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Hello All

I am im same situation here.

Me and my wife are PR. We softlanded went back to India

I came back now and plans to start PR process for our daughter. I am planning to do it in couple of weeks

Please feel free to connect.

Reactions: bsureshmaran

sfy

Feb 22, 2021
Hi,

I and my wife are PR holders, I am in Canada and my wife is abroad staying with 1 year old son who is not a PR holder. My sponsorship application for our son was received on 16th March at Sydney Ofiice, NS.

Any idea how long does it take to get to get an AoR in case of completed application?

Thanks

Br,

Reactions: KhayalM

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
I need your guidance in filling out the form IMM0008 - ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS / DECLARATION FORM

I am in the process of applying child sponsorship. My daughter is 3 Yrs old and Born outside Canada. My Wife and I are PR holders.
I am not sure if this form is applicable for this sponsorship.
My child is the principal applicant. Am I correct here? Which means she doesn't have any dependents on her own.
I am not sure if this application form has to be filled out from the perspective that child is the principle applicant or the sponsor (in this case it is me)?

Question 10: Relationship to principal applicant. This is where I was confused and not sure if this form is applicable in our case.

Please advise.
Also Question 3 is asking for UCI. It must be left as blank right?
Hey this form is to be applied by the Principal Applicant which in ur case is your daughter. As she does not have more than five dependents on this application, so this form doesn't apply to your application.

Reactions: bsureshmaran

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Hey this form is to be applied by the Principal Applicant which in ur case is your daughter. As she does not have more than five dependents on this application, so this form doesn't apply to your application.

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Hello

I am sponsoring my 2yr old daughter, Im residing in Canada and not working yet. My wife is in India. There is no low-cut-off-income for this case as written in the Complete guide 5289. Can I apply without doing job here in Canada or I should have a job before applying to make my application strong?

sfy

Feb 22, 2021
Well its better if you have a job, but you can apply right away without any job offer, provided you can explain to the officer through supporting documents (e.g. having bank statement with adequate bank balance) showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. This will be required in IMM 5534e-- Part B - Supporting Documents Required - Question 3.

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Yeah! I planned to show the adequate funds to support her. But not having job will not weaken my case? Correct?

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi All,
Creating this thread for the ones who are sponsoring their dependent child in the year 2021. We can use this thread to clarify our doubts in the application forms and also for the application tracking status purposes.
Thank you so much for creating this thread. I have a question - Do I need to add my wife as co-signer? Me and My wife are on PR, our daughter is born outside Canada. My wife got PR through me.

I was reading this guide for co-signer - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html#cosigners

As per this:

Use of a co-signer is applicable to applications to sponsor the following family members:

• parents and grandparents
  • dependent children, in cases where their dependent child (i.e. a grandchild) is included on the application as an accompanying dependant
  • “other relatives” [R117(1)(h)]
Also it says that adding a co-signer where Income requirement is fulfilled by primary sponsor can delay the process:

In cases with a co-signer where the sponsor’s income alone is sufficient to meet MNI and there is the possibility that processing may need to be suspended in order to investigate the co-signer’s eligibility, an officer should contact the sponsor and recommend that the co-signer withdraw to prevent unnecessary delays. This will prevent unnecessary delays and the possibility of a negative sponsorship eligibility decision.