+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
i just received an official sponsor approval PDF letter in an email...
It does not mention which Visa office the Application will be forwarded to..

Do we get any other email about the Visa Office ?
didnt your letter said in 2nd paragraph that its moved to some center ? I got on the same letter as SA.

jaymechanical

Aug 30, 2016
Guys, I am not able to link my daughter's application with her gc key profile. I could check the status on ECAS though.
I have tried all combinations but it is just giving me error that, not able to find the application.
Can someone please help ?

Timeline in Signature

Last edited:

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
when will my 18 month old twins get pr cards??? both have copr..
one got copr on 1st Dec 2020 and another on 23rd Dec 2020. They are in Canada already, had entered as visitors as they were born in India.
Anyone has any idea about this??? please let me know. thanks

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Any received your passport back with stamping after you got PPR. Any ETA for whom had submitted passport to Ottawa.

jaymechanical

Aug 30, 2016
Guys, I am not able to link my daughter's application with her gc key profile. I could check the status on ECAS though.
I have tried all combinations but it is just giving me error that, not able to find the application.
Can someone please help ?

Timeline in Signature
Update: 26-Feb-2021

I could link the application successfully, only change was no. of applicants shall be 2 (Applicant + Sponsor) if you are sponsoring your child.

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Any received your passport back with stamping after you got PPR. Any ETA for whom had submitted passport to Ottawa.
My passport was received last week by Ottawa. From the other thread I can see it's taking 6-9 weeks if you are lucky and 3-4 months in some cases as well.

When did you submit your passports?

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
My passport was received last week by Ottawa. From the other thread I can see it's taking 6-9 weeks if you are lucky and 3-4 months in some cases as well.

When did you submit your passports?
I submitted on Feb 13th and received the passport back on Feb 26th but it didn't had COPR or any stamp. But there was a letter attached to wait for Visa Office to contact me for more information.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFARGHALY88

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
I submitted on Feb 13th and received the passport back on Feb 26th but it didn't had COPR or any stamp. But there was a letter attached to wait for Visa Office to contact me for more information.
Probably that's the new process where they will create a new account and send you the link for you to apply for PR card I guess. Hope they won't take months to finish this.

Thanks for the update,

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Probably that's the new process where they will create a new account and send you the link for you to apply for PR card I guess. Hope they won't take months to finish this.

Thanks for the update,
Hmm, hope so. Will have to wait for their instructions.