+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
One question more plz help in imm 1344 number 6 question is the principle applicant is your ??? I am sponsoring my dependent daughter plz help me in the question
You are the sponsor, so the principle applicant is your child/dependent. Depending on what is the available option to select.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for help for all forms if the dependent is less than 18 who have too sign at the end in all forms
Follow the application guides, e.g. here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html
  • If the principal applicant is a minor child (under 18 years old) their parent or legal guardian must sign the forms, and consent and declaration on their behalf.
This is under "Step 2. Gather documents" in the guide.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for help for all forms if the dependent is less than 18 who have too sign at the end in all forms
First step: read the instructions.

But in this case, as in almost every other case with almost any other official institution where minors are involved, the parent signs on behalf of the child.

Sheikh ahsan

Jul 12, 2022
First step: read the instructions.

But in this case, as in almost every other case with almost any other official institution where minors are involved, the parent signs on behalf of the child.
I am married here in canada my I have 3 dependent with my x wife so in this situation who have to sign she is agree for give me all custody and everything in this situation who have to sign

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am married here in canada my I have 3 dependent with my x wife so in this situation who have to sign she is agree for give me all custody and everything in this situation who have to sign
Please read the instructions.

There is an additional procedure and form where your ex-spouse will give permission, and custody documents may get involved as well.

These things are in the instructions. You'll have questions about how exactly to do them, but first: read the instructions and try to figure out the forms.

You can get assistance here but ultimately you will have to fill out the forms and understand them. Others can't babysit you.

If that's beyond your capabilities, hire someone to do it for you.

shafee786

Mar 14, 2024
You are the sponsor, so the principle applicant is your child/dependent. Depending on what is the available option to select.
Hi, if am not having my wife co-signed in IMM 1344 as she is living in India but she will be accompanying my child once he got the PR, in that case should i need to submit IMM 5604 as stated in the document checklist Section 6 ?. OR can i select my wife as a co-signer in IMM 1344 as both my and my wife are PR's

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, if am not having my wife co-signed in IMM 1344 as she is living in India but she will be accompanying my child once he got the PR, in that case should i need to submit IMM 5604 as stated in the document checklist Section 6 ?. OR can i select my wife as a co-signer in IMM 1344 as both my and my wife are PR's
I don't beleive you need that if your wife is coming. But I will leave that to others who are more familiar with depenent child sponsorship.

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
dependent child, submitted" july 2023
biometric requested: october 19th 2023
completed: november: 2nd 2023
medical requested: 27th october 2023
completed: 1st-2nd novembr, received results 11th november
i dont hink any response ever since since i have an representative
Hi was you application transferred to Mexico by any chance? I'm doing inland and it was transferred to Mexico recently.

Reactions: bunnylover23

IbtiZaifa

Jan 6, 2021
Anyone here applied for child sponsorship but has not received medical request? Do you get the medical request form via email or can you also see that form from Application Tracker? I am worried if I have missed the request letter somehow!!!

bunnylover23

Jan 11, 2024
Hi was you application transferred to Mexico by any chance? I'm doing inland and it was transferred to Mexico recently.
Hi, yes i do believe it was, because this the meesage my brother got recently

"This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

Please read the attached letter.

You can submit this information via e-mail, it is not necessary to send these documents on paper to our office in Mexico."

but all we did was do the medical in my country and they sent it to emedical, we didnt attach any documents to them