+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ohk I contacted one agency they saying in online you have option to choose option outside Canada or inside
Then you can choose outside and attach a letter explaining situation and it goes
Is it right or just false?
If they say that, could they share the link (to official GoC website) so that you can check? (They won't because it's not true, or they've misrepresented the context)

Ditch that agency, go online, and get/check the forms yourself. It's not that hard to apply. But you must do it from within Canada.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Can anyone share me link or video for applying TRV
Is vv same as trv?
I am planing to come in 2024 july
Can I apply from now?
Does i have to advance book tickets etc for child vv?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone share me link or video for applying TRV
Is vv same as trv?
I am planing to come in 2024 july
Can I apply from now?
Does i have to advance book tickets etc for child vv?
A TRV is a visitor visa. Do not book airfare in advance. If you are PR, then chances of success are lower for child’s TRV because it is expected that you should be sponsoring them. Also make sure they have health insurance if coming to stay if planning to apply for PR once in Canada. Don’t get provincial healthcare until PR. Also how old is your child? If school age, they may need a study permit and pay international fees.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
4 month old, can we add something explaination which might help in approval of TRV or
We can get Trp like

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
4 month old, can we add something explaination which might help in approval of TRV or
We can get Trp like
If TRV is refused, then you apply for TRP. All you can do is submit documentation (your PR status, that you meet RO requirements), funds, health insurance etc. Show that you have a lease or own a home, job to return to and any ties to Canada. Want to show that you are settled in or going to settle in Canada.

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Hi - I am sponsoring my son for PR. He is already in Canada on visitor visa. I have 3 questions:

1. As an Sponsor, I am required to digitally sign the application on his behalf as he is just 1 yr old. While signing the application, do I need to write my Name or his name?

2. I wanted to confirm the response on my previous question, which was answered by @armoured (Thanks so much for your help) - should I mention his current country of stay as Canada. He is on visitor visa. Is it right to show Canada as his current country of residence? He came to Canada 3 months ago.

3. As per the law, he can be in Canada for a maximum of 6 months during any visits to Canada on visitor visa. He is just 13 months. Will it be applicable on him as well?? I mean how a 13 months old can leave the country ?

Brunafreckles

Dec 15, 2021
i applied for my children back in Nov 2021. The process was very fast initially but got stuck after medicals until Oct 30 2023 when I got the PR portal confirmation. I 'm still waiting for phase 2 to get the link. Has anyone got to this point? how long did you get to wait for? called my MP yesterday and he said the expiring date on copr is nov 20th. I'm afraid they won't send the link before that.

psk_27

Aug 13, 2018
Hello Everyone.
Can you share your experience about how long did it take for you to get eCOPR and visa stamp after getting pre arrival message? Following is my timeline
August 06, 2023: Application applied (after previously returned for being incomplete)
October 12, 2023: Sponsor eligibility completed
October 18, 2023: Medical Requested
November 06, 2023: Medical Passed
November 10, 2023: Eligibility completed
November 11, 2023: Pre-arrival message
CoPR document number and expiry number are visible in the portal but no download link.

psk_27

Aug 13, 2018
Hello is anyone active here?
I urgently need answer to this question. I have got the passport request and have to get the passport picked up by courier. The VFS site says that for PR applications appendix A is to be submitted. The mail by IRCC has appendix A with photo requirements.
Can someone tell me what is the appendix A they are referring to?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello is anyone active here?
I urgently need answer to this question. I have got the passport request and have to get the passport picked up by courier. The VFS site says that for PR applications appendix A is to be submitted. The mail by IRCC has appendix A with photo requirements.
Can someone tell me what is the appendix A they are referring to?
Appendix A is just height and eye colour, for each applicant.

You can simply do up a table wiith height/eye colour/name/dob/ passport #.

Reactions: psk_27

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
In child sponsership by pr parents
How much money we need to show in our account ?
Or just job is requirememt?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In child sponsership by pr parents
How much money we need to show in our account ?
Or just job is requirememt?
There is no specific requirement. You need to show you can support the child. Generally employment would be sufficient, savings also good.