+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hi,
I am not sure, but I am going ahead with the plan to apply for TRV. I clearly stated the UCI number and want our son to be with use for 5 months during the time his Sponsorship application is in progress considering he is just 1 year old. There are cases where few people got approved for the same,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-while-waiting-for-pr.520770/

Let me know if you find any new information.
Hey
My son Trv got rejected . I am planning to apply for sponsorship and re apply for TRV would you suggest this ? As he is only 12 months old i cant leave him back and go to Canada

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hi
I have a question. My husband living in canada started my son sponsorship application since I am in India I cannot be a co signer . Now it says to submit the following documents
Completed IMM 5604
who should fill and submit me or my husband because I will be accompanying him

Please help with this
Thank you

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hi,
I am not sure, but I am going ahead with the plan to apply for TRV. I clearly stated the UCI number and want our son to be with use for 5 months during the time his Sponsorship application is in progress considering he is just 1 year old. There are cases where few people got approved for the same,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-while-waiting-for-pr.520770/

Let me know if you find any new information.
Hi
I have a question. My husband living in canada started my son sponsorship application since I am in India I cannot be a co signer . Now it says to submit the following documents
Completed IMM 5604
who should fill and submit me or my husband because I will be accompanying him

Please help with this
Thank you

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
So your wife also spending time outside Canada which will affect the 2 year stay period within Canada to maintain PR status right? My wife situation is the same. My wife already spent 1.5 years outside Canada. Can I have your email? I am from Chennai too.
Hi
Have you filled IMM5406 as spouse is not co signee

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hello, we sent dependent child sponsorship application in Nov.15 and we got response from immigration in Dec. 3rd that they have received the application. Just wondering, what would we expect next?

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hello, we sent dependent child sponsorship application in Nov.15 and we got response from immigration in Dec. 3rd that they have received the application. Just wondering, what would we expect next?
That’s your first Acknowledgment letter. Next step will be Sponsorship approval to let you know you meet the requirements to sponsor your dependent. After that will be medical and file will be transferred to local visa office. If the child is out of Canada , the file will be transferred to the visa office first and the visa office will ask for your medical. After medical will be PR

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
That’s your first Acknowledgment letter. Next step will be Sponsorship approval to let you know you meet the requirements to sponsor your dependent. After that will be medical and file will be transferred to local visa office. If the child is out of Canada , the file will be transferred to the visa office first and the visa office will ask for your medical. After medical will be PR
Thank you so much for your helpful information. How long does it usually take for sponsor approval based on your experience here?

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Is the child in or out of Canada ? O
Thank you so much for your helpful information. How long does it usually take for sponsor approval based on your experience here?
you're welcome. My son application took almost 10 months. Still waiting for his passport to be returned back. Application started on Feb 25 2018
AOR: March 30
Sponsorship approval: April 17
File transfer to VO: May 9
Medical Request: July 26
Medical pass: August 1
Pre arrival: November 13
Passport Request: November 15

Reactions: M5plus

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Is the child in or out of Canada ? O

you're welcome. My son application took almost 10 months. Still waiting for his passport to be returned back. Application started on Feb 25 2018
AOR: March 30
Sponsorship approval: April 17
File transfer to VO: May 9
Medical Request: July 26
Medical pass: August 1
Pre arrival: November 13
Passport Request: November 15
wow! Sounds like a long journery. Child is outside of canada

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
wow! Sounds like a long journery. Child is outside of canada
It’s o. My child is out of Canada too. Where is your home country If I may ask? Maybe you should apply for visit visa for your child while the application is still on. I heard lot of people did that and worked out for them. You should findout.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
It’s o. My child is out of Canada too. Where is your home country If I may ask? Maybe you should apply for visit visa for your child while the application is still on. I heard lot of people did that and worked out for them. You should findout.
She’s in the Philippines. She’s actually my half sister, just trying to help my dad with her application because dad knows nothing about technology. Lol We don’t have enough money for her visa, so we’ll just wait for approval hopefully. What about yours? Which country is your child from?

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
She’s in the Philippines. She’s actually my half sister, just trying to help my dad with her application because dad knows nothing about technology. Lol We don’t have enough money for her visa, so we’ll just wait for approval hopefully. What about yours? Which country is your child from?
Okay. Hopefully you will have her PR early. My son is in Africa

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Hi,

Myself and my spouse holding a PR and am currently working in Canada and my wife working overseas and my daughter staying with her.

I have got the TRV now for my daughter and planning to take them here in 2months. Can I start the sponsorship now itself or after they land here. It will be better to file application as Inland or Outland.