+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Family8

Nov 13, 2019
Hi everyone. I just received the passport request for my son. Can anyone tell me how to send passport from Canada to local visa office? Any ideas ??
Congratulations if your son is in Canada at the bottom of the letter it has instructions of how to send passport when in Canada I believe it’s a address in Ottawa

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Congratulations if your son is in Canada at the bottom of the letter it has instructions of how to send passport when in Canada I believe it’s a address in Ottawa
My son is not in Canada. He is back home. But I have his passport book and passport photos here with me. I want to send it from here to Accra visa office.

Family8

Nov 13, 2019
you need to send to vac in which he is near,
You need a copy of the letter, passport (not expired or close to expired) photos, vac consent form and letter with his current address and address he will be in Canada plus any fees vac will charge

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
you need to send to vac in which he is near,
You need a copy of the letter, passport (not expired or close to expired) photos, vac consent form and letter with his current address and address he will be in Canada plus any fees vac will charge
I was just hoping if I can send it directly from Canada to the Cvac office in Accra. Because all his documents are here with me in Canada . Has anyone send passport from Canada to local visa office?? While dependents is outside Canada.

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
That's wonderful news. I am sorry I can't help you with the passport issue.
Thanks you. It okay I have figured out how to go about it. I will send the passport on Monday. Thank you all for your help. Those still waiting on par, I will you guys all the best soooooon

Reactions: M5plus

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all!
I have applied my child's paper for sponsorship.
Here's my timeline.
Application received -September 25
AOR- November 1
Sponsorship eligibility - November 15

What's next after this?

Thank you,

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have applied for sponsorship of my one year old son and got the sponsorship eligibility approval today.

Time Line:
Applied: SEP 23 rd
AOR: 6 th Nov
Sponsorship Eligibility Passed: 14 th Nov

Will it be possible for me to apply visitor visa for my son?
Will visitor visa be accepted while sponsorship application is in progress?

Thanks,
Manoj

Hello Manoj,

Did you get a response regarding this? This was my initial plan with my child but I was advised not to pursue because it would be a conflict of interest. I am not entirely sure about this though. I hope someone can give you a solid answer. All the best!