+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey
My son Trv got rejected . I am planning to apply for sponsorship and re apply for TRV would you suggest this ? As he is only 12 months old i cant leave him back and go to Canada
Hi,

I have seen cases and have recommended to apply for TRV before i apply for sponsorship. As I have already applied for sponsorship I did not have that choice and still got the TR visa. When ever you apply make sure you are showing as much funds as possible, salary slips and tax returns if you have any. If you decide to apply after getting AOR attach sponsorship approval letter as well.

bhavik121083

Jan 11, 2015
Hi, I am a father of twins born in India in Jan 2019. I and my wife are both PR of Canada and Citizens of India. We have spent 9 months in Canada and since 2 years we are in India. Now planning to go back.
1. How much time it takes for children PR visa if I go to Canada now and put the file while my wife and twins are here in India?
2. Shall we do as I mentioned above or we should take the twins on visitor visa and than apply? Which one is fast and appropriate?

Seconldly, f I may plan to travel Canada alone next month, so Can I put Trv first right now or do sponsorship after reaching Canada. Initial after reaching there i dont have job still I can Sponsor my twins ? please post your suggestions

Reactions: amitsmeet

Devi_n

Jan 24, 2020
Hello,
Anyone whose dependent child Outland file was transferred to Mexico, can you please share your timeline with me.

Thank you in advance

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hi, I am a father of twins born in India in Jan 2019. I and my wife are both PR of Canada and Citizens of India. We have spent 9 months in Canada and since 2 years we are in India. Now planning to go back.
1. How much time it takes for children PR visa if I go to Canada now and put the file while my wife and twins are here in India?
2. Shall we do as I mentioned above or we should take the twins on visitor visa and than apply? Which one is fast and appropriate?

Seconldly, f I may plan to travel Canada alone next month, so Can I put Trv first right now or do sponsorship after reaching Canada. Initial after reaching there i dont have job still I can Sponsor my twins ? please post your suggestions
As per current time lines the process takes around 9-12 months.I got my son's TRV after I filed my sponsorship application. How ever I have seen TRVs granted before filing a sponsorship application and after. Try to provide as much funds as possible even for TRV.

bhavik121083

Jan 11, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am trying to fill IMM5481 but what details comes under section 4 to 7 which is asking for current undertaking and all details? please guide on thr same.

M5plus

Nov 25, 2018
Hope everyone is doing well. I have a question for you. After your outland application was transferred to the VOA office did you ever get a message like this.....The assessment to determine if the sponsored persons (the applicants) meet the eligibility requirements have not been initiated......our medicals have been done and passed, our biometrics are done and passed and security check is done and passed. What more ASSESSMENT are they doing?

M5plus

Nov 25, 2018
Hope you are all well. Today I checked how our application was doing and it says decision made.... Permanent resident....
We have no email stating this or pre arrival... How long after this should we get this?

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
A very good news from me.

Got passport request for my Son.

Below are the timelines. It seems to quicker than expected. May be because I have another in process application for extending visitor permit.

Application received at IRCC 13-Aug-18
AOR1 3-Dec-18
Sponsorship Approval 4-Dec-18
Medical Request 4-Dec-18
Medicals completed 7-Dec-18
Sent to Visa Office (AOR2) 11-Dec-18
Medicals Received 14-Dec-18
Passport request 27-Dec-18
which visa office is yours ? did you apply for visitor visa extension after medicals ?

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone, are vaccinations free for babies in Canada on a TRP?

Asking because my partner and I are planning a baby next year and we will have the birth in India. As we will need to sponsor the baby for PR, if we bring it to Canada on a TRP, I was wondering how would we go about the vaccinations and if they are free. We live in Toronto currently and I understand OHIP won't activate for the baby until it receives PR or finishes 3 months of residing here.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hi everyone, are vaccinations free for babies in Canada on a TRP?

Asking because my partner and I are planning a baby next year and we will have the birth in India. As we will need to sponsor the baby for PR, if we bring it to Canada on a TRP, I was wondering how would we go about the vaccinations and if they are free. We live in Toronto currently and I understand OHIP won't activate for the baby until it receives PR or finishes 3 months of residing here.

Please advise and thanks in advance.
Hello,

Vaccination will be free provided you have health card. I live in Alberta and my son is on TRV.

The thing you need to Consider more is getting a TRV which is getting rejected in some cases and sponsorship process is taking more than a year. I have been waiting for 13 months now and lucky enough to get a TRV.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

Vaccination will be free provided you have health card. I live in Alberta and my son is on TRV.

The thing you need to Consider more is getting a TRV which is getting rejected in some cases and sponsorship process is taking more than a year. I have been waiting for 13 months now and lucky enough to get a TRV.
I think it depends on province. OP is going to Ontario.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks guys!

@pnmj87 do you mean the baby has to have health card or me?

@YVR123 do you have an idea how much these routine vaccinations would cost? There’s no clear indication how it works for infants who reside in Ontario but are not PR or Citizens. I’m unable to find any concrete info online too.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks guys!

@pnmj87 do you mean the baby has to have health card or me?

@YVR123 do you have an idea how much these routine vaccinations would cost? There’s no clear indication how it works for infants who reside in Ontario but are not PR or Citizens. I’m unable to find any concrete info online too.
Sorry. I do not know. I live in BC. I just know that healthcare cost and coverage is different in every province. So information for Alberta Health or BC MSP will not help someone (you) who planned to move to Ontario.

May be start a different discussion on cost of vaccinations in Ontario? May be at the Health section?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/health.40/

Reactions: PMV

CCS0025

Sep 8, 2020
Myself and spouse are in work permit inland applicants. Our PR application is still in progress for long time due to COVID delay. Expecting a baby by 2021.

Planning to OPT indian by descent an d indian passport. we are aware about OCI & canada passport options

Question is if i get Indian passport for the baby.. what type of TRV should I apply ..if sponsorship also it will take some time also we need to get PR before that.

By holding Indian passport which type of TRV will be earliest option for inland born baby.