+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa GRANTED (While Waiting for PR)

canadaPR2016

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
My husband's PR application (spouse sponsorship - I am a Canadian citizen) has been in progress since Sept. 2016. We applied for visitor visa for him a few weeks ago and against all odds, it was approved. It is possible. You just need to know how to make a strong application. I used the info on this thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-wife-of-pr.273759/) as a starting point.

I then did my own thorough research (examining policy/guidance documents intended for the officers making a decision on TRV applications). I was so grateful for the help given to us by this forum that I wanted to do something to help others in our situation waiting to be reunified with their spouse.

This what what we submitted:

1. TRV (IMM5257E)

2. Schedule 1 (IMM5257)

3. Authority to release personal info (IMM5475)

4. Family Info (IMM5645)

5. Proof of Relationship

a. Supporting letter from spouse

b. Citizenship card (of spouse)

c. Passport copy (of spouse)

d. Sponsorship approval letter (of spouse)

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

h. Correspondence

6. Passport

7. Travel History

a. Police clearance from all countries visited/worked in

b. Passport, work visas and entry/exit stamps

c. Boarding passes

8. Invitation Letter

a. Passport copies of invitee

b. Notice of assessment 2016

c. Void cheque

d. Passport copy

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

9. Purpose of Travel

a. Return ticket (fully paid)

b. Travel itinerary

10. Digital Photo

11. Proof of Means of Financial Support

a. Employment contract

b. Employer’s letter

c. Business card

d. Paystubs

e. Bank statements

f. Vehicle ownership/registration papers x 3

g. Employment History

h. Resume

i. Letter of support (from spouse)

i. Notice of assessment 2016

ii. Void cheque

iii. Passport copy

j. Marriage certificate

k. Wedding photos

l. Travel photos

12. Representatives submission letter

13. Business Registration

14. Letter of Explanation

a. National identity card

b. Driver’s license

c. Educational Certificates

*Note, you will notice that we submitted some duplicates of documents. This is fine. You can't over-do it. You can't expect the officers with their limited time to go hunting for documents attached to different parts of your application.

**Also note, his Letter of Explanation was very detailed, very thorough, and addressed all the points they consider. It was nearly 3000 words. The other letters included in this application were all similarly long and detailed.

Last edited:

Dilanisha

Jul 24, 2017
My husband's PR application (spouse sponsorship - I am a Canadian citizen) has been in progress since Sept. 2016. We applied for visitor visa for him a few weeks ago and against all odds, it was approved. It is possible. You just need to know how to make a strong application. I used the info on this thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-wife-of-pr.273759/) as a starting point.

I then did my own thorough research (examining policy/guidance documents intended for the officers making a decision on TRV applications). I was so grateful for the help given to us by this forum that I wanted to do something to help others in our situation waiting to be reunified with their spouse.

1. TRV (IMM5257E)

2. Schedule 1 (IMM5257)

4. Family Info (IMM5645)

5. Proof of Relationship

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

h. Correspondence

6. Passport

7. Travel History

c. Boarding passes

8. Invitation Letter

c. Void cheque

d. Passport copy

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

9. Purpose of Travel

b. Travel itinerary

10. Digital Photo

a. Employment contract

b. Employer’s letter

c. Business card

d. Paystubs

e. Bank statements

g. Employment History

h. Resume

ii. Void cheque

iii. Passport copy

j. Marriage certificate

k. Wedding photos

l. Travel photos

b. Driver’s license

*Note, you will notice that we submitted some duplicates of documents. This is fine. You can't over-do it. You can't expect the officers with their limited time to go hunting for documents attached to different parts of your application.

**Also note, his Letter of Explanation was very detailed, very thorough, and addressed all the points they consider. It was nearly 3000 words. The other letters included in this application were all similarly long and detailed.

Thank you so much for the info........I was wondering what the grounds were for applying...I wanted to ask you some question..what's the best way to email you?

hopefulcanuck1

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Colombo
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Thanks for the detailed post. I'm in the same boat, waiting for a long time. What was the reason he gave for applying for the TRV. I'd like to contact you for more details if you don't mind.

Thanks!

1. TRV (IMM5257E)

2. Schedule 1 (IMM5257)

4. Family Info (IMM5645)

5. Proof of Relationship

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

h. Correspondence

6. Passport

7. Travel History

c. Boarding passes

8. Invitation Letter

c. Void cheque

d. Passport copy

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

9. Purpose of Travel

b. Travel itinerary

10. Digital Photo

a. Employment contract

b. Employer’s letter

c. Business card

d. Paystubs

e. Bank statements

g. Employment History

h. Resume

ii. Void cheque

iii. Passport copy

j. Marriage certificate

k. Wedding photos

l. Travel photos

b. Driver’s license

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023

1. TRV (IMM5257E)

2. Schedule 1 (IMM5257)

4. Family Info (IMM5645)

5. Proof of Relationship

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

h. Correspondence

6. Passport

7. Travel History

c. Boarding passes

8. Invitation Letter

c. Void cheque

d. Passport copy

e. Marriage certificate

f. Wedding photos

g. Travel photos

9. Purpose of Travel

b. Travel itinerary

10. Digital Photo

a. Employment contract

b. Employer’s letter

c. Business card

d. Paystubs

e. Bank statements

g. Employment History

h. Resume

ii. Void cheque

iii. Passport copy

j. Marriage certificate

k. Wedding photos

l. Travel photos

b. Driver’s license

Thanks much CanadaPR2016 u extend my knowledge, the docs you provides excellent strong 1000%. Congrats and hope he will get PR very soon

uk2311

Aug 20, 2016
Hey There!

when did you apply for Visitor Visa? Was it paper application or online. How many total days they took to process your application.

canadaPR2016

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Thank you so much for the info........I was wondering what the grounds were for applying...I wanted to ask you some question..what's the best way to email you?
Hi I just replied to your message. Please check your inbox. :) The grounds were what they honestly are... just that we missed each other and wanted to visit while the PR application is in progress. As has been stated by other successful applicants, it's important to state that the sponsored spouse would not overstay their visa or do anything to compromise their PR application. Also, show that the sponsored spouse has strong ties to their country of origin, and that they will return as planned before their visa expires.

A few things I'm guessing that helped: My husband has an extensive travel history, with work permits to multiple countries. We provided police clearances and copies of his work visas and exit/entry stamps. He has never overstayed his visa or had any run-ins with the law. He also has a registered business, immediate family members, land assets, vehicle assets and permanent employment in his country of origin (thereby showing strong ties).

canadaPR2016

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Thanks for the detailed post. I'm in the same boat, waiting for a long time. What was the reason he gave for applying for the TRV. I'd like to contact you for more details if you don't mind.

Thanks!
Sorry, I don't understand... he did not give up applying for the TRV. The TRV was what he recently applied for and it was approved within 18 days. His PR is still in progress... it is just taking a long time to process and we wanted to see each other sooner. :) Once his PR is approved, he will cross the US/Canada land border and return to Canada to confirm his "landing" as required for the PR. This is the same procedure that inland applicants follow (who are within Canada already).

Feel free to direct message me if you have more questions. :)

canadaPR2016

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Hey There!

when did you apply for Visitor Visa? Was it paper application or online. How many total days they took to process your application.
Hello, he applied on Sept. 16th, 2017. It was an online application. They took 17 days to process it.

Edit: The estimated processing time on the website was "27 days," so we were very happy that was processed more quickly than expected!

uk2311

Aug 20, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that if apply online, processing time anywhere between 10-12 business day.

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
Hi CanadaPR2016,
Your TRV was approved because your husband had business and employment back home along with the past travel history which was clean.
Congrats to you and your family!.

To all the visitor/member of this forum,
Can you please post if you have got TRV approved and you are NOT having employment at you home country?
Regards
PRapplicant 2017 Aug

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Sorry, I don't understand... he did not give up applying for the TRV. The TRV was what he recently applied for and it was approved within 18 days. His PR is still in progress... it is just taking a long time to process and we wanted to see each other sooner. :) Once his PR is approved, he will cross the US/Canada land border and return to Canada to confirm his "landing" as required for the PR. This is the same procedure that inland applicants follow (who are within Canada already).

Feel free to direct message me if you have more questions. :)
Hi,

Can you please provide sample letters.

Thank you in advance

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hello, he applied on Sept. 16th, 2017. It was an online application. They took 17 days to process it.

Edit: The estimated processing time on the website was "27 days," so we were very happy that was processed more quickly than expected!
Hi,

Please help me with filling out visitor visa forms and provide me with sample letters.

For some reasons I can’t check my personal messages.

Please give me email Id I can contact you at.

Thank you in advance for your reply.