Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I would read those as clues and plan accordingly.
From his last interviews, it looks like IRCC is still scratching the head in figuring out to clear the backlogs. But, they are also pausing the backlogs so no draws anytime soon. IRCC is focused on clearing more PNP's over FSWs. Feb 2nd week will be interesting when Sean will come and talk about his 2022 plan. To be fair, Immigration ministers follow the Mandate letters to a certain extent. So, I am guessing processing will go down significantly. A new type of TR visas for PR spouses so that they can get good press on "Family reunification" bs. TR to PR will come back later part of the year. And of course, NOC-based draws will replace traditional draws. Maybe one or two traditional draws before they move to NOC-based. These predictions are made from recent memos and Sean's two interviews with Punjabis.

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi All, I have an odd question:

We are seeing many PPRs now, for people from 2019, early 2020 and later 2020 as well. However, there is none or few and far between cases that are being rejected, especially with old AORs. So the question is, is IRCC only processing apps that are already approved and not touching complex files that have the potential for being rejected? For examples, apps that are marked for Review Required. Please share your thoughts.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

We are seeing many PPRs now, for people from 2019, early 2020 and later 2020 as well. However, there is none or few and far between cases that are being rejected, especially with old AORs. So the question is, is IRCC only processing apps that are already approved and not touching complex files that have the potential for being rejected? For examples, apps that are marked for Review Required. Please share your thoughts.
Complex files will be delayed no matter what. Since IRCC is issuing PPR’s randomly, nobody can answer question. But review required doesn't mean rejection.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

generally for an app there will be possible 2 outcomes either approval or rejection but there will be no cancellations. Regarding review required, i guess someone has to review it to pass it again after an ADR or anything that was requested from the applicant
you chill bro, everything will be fine. the backlogs are the priority now

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ontario nominated 9,000 for permanent residence in 2021
A look back on Ontario immigration in 2021, and guide to Provincial Nominee Programs for future immigrants.

Ontario nominated 9,000 immigration applicants for permanent residence in 2021, hundreds more than planned.

Last May, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) announced that it was allowed to welcome 8,600 newcomers in 2021. Of these, 250 could be working in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level C occupations, which generally require a high school education or specific job training. Before the end of the year, Ontario got an additional 400 nominations from the federal government through an in-year reallocation.

This is not the first time Ontario exceeded its original allocation. In 2020, Ontario nominated 8,054 principal applicants to apply for Canadian permanent residence even though it was originally allowed 7,350.

In Canada, the federal government gives each of the provinces a set number of nominations they are allowed to issue. These nominations support immigration applications, which all must go through the federal government. Provincial nominations signal to the federal government that this applicant can help support provincial and territorial goals for economic and population growth. Last year, Ontario’s immigration minister, Monte McNaughton, called on the federal government to double the province’s allocation of immigrants to support labour shortages.

Ontario is among the majority of Canadian provinces and territories, other than Quebec and Nunavut, that participate in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). PNPs allow provincial governments to create immigration programs for people who have in-demand skills, connections to the region like work or study experience, or who want to create business and investment opportunities that could thrive in the labour market.

If you want to immigrate to Ontario through a PNP, you might want to decide if applying as an Express Entry candidate is your best route, or if it makes more sense to go through a base stream. Base streams are paper-based applications, and you do not necessarily need to be eligible for Express Entry.

Here, we’ll explain both pathways for workers.

Ontario immigration for Express Entry candidates
To get a provincial nomination through an enhanced (aka Express Entry-linked) immigration stream, you need to first be eligible for an Express Entry-managed program. There are three:

Express Entry is an online immigration application management system. Eligible candidates get a score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The top-scoring candidates receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. With this invitation, candidates can then apply for Canadian immigration.

If you receive a provincial nomination as an Express Entry candidate, you get 600 points automatically added to your CRS score, and you apply for immigration through the Provincial Nominee Class. This award pushes you to the top of the pool, and allows you to be eligible for a PNP-specific Express Entry draw.

Ontario’s Human Capital Category includes three enhanced PNPs that are available to Express Entry candidates:

Ontario holds invitation rounds for Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination under these streams. In 2021, Ontario issued the following numbers of invitations to candidates who may be eligible for each stream:
  • Human Capital Priorities stream – 6,259
  • Skilled Trades stream – 1,224
  • French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream – 651
Ontario’s base immigration streams
The OINP operates its own immigration programs outside the Express Entry system. Last year, Ontario launched its own Expression of Interest (EOI) system for base PNPs.

Through the EOI system, Ontario ranks candidates’ profiles based on a scoring matrix. Candidates get points for education, work experience, and intended destination in Ontario, among other factors.

There are five programs that you can be eligible for with a profile in Ontario’s EOI system:

Ontario holds rounds of invitations that invite candidates in its EOI pool to apply for a provincial nomination. In 2021, the province rolled out the EOI system starting with the Foreign Worker and International Student streams in April. In-Demand Skills was added in June. Master’s Graduate and Ph.D. Graduate stream candidates were the last to join the system in August.

Here are the number of invitations Ontario issued through each EOI stream in 2021:

• Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream – 2,866
  • Employer Job Offer: International Student stream – 2,290
  • Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream – 238
  • Masters Graduate stream – 1,834
  • PhD Graduate stream – 204

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Trudeau says he's isolating after exposure to COVID-19
PM says he was exposed Wednesday night
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he's isolating for five days after he was exposed to COVID-19.

The prime minister tweeted Thursday that he learned of the exposure Wednesday night. While he said his rapid test result was negative, he is following Ottawa Public Health's guidelines and staying home.

"I feel fine and will be working from home," he tweeted. "Stay safe, everyone — and please get vaccinated."

The prime minister did not reveal in his tweet how he was exposed to COVID-19.

A spokesperson from his office said the exposure came after his late-afternoon news conference Wednesday on Parliament Hill, where he and Defence Minister Anita Anand announced that Canada will expand its military training mission in Ukraine and offer non-lethal aid.

Trudeau's isolation means he will not be physically present in the House of Commons on Monday when it resumes sitting after the holiday break.

Addressing the Liberal caucus Thursday, Trudeau said the party wants to work for families, health care workers and "truckers and farmers who put food on our tables."

He made the comments as a convoy of truckers and others heads to Ottawa to protest a federal rule requiring that all cross-border drivers be vaccinated against COVID-19. Others in the convoy support ending vaccine mandates altogether.

Trudeau told caucus members the government will keep pushing Canadians to get vaccinated, adding it's the best protection for the economy.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Hello might not be right place but can you please advise what should I do here:
My PR application is canceled with reason ECA report missing while I clearly uploaded it because I kept record of all files I uploaded.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-permanent-residency-rejected-reason-incomplete.756283/
raise a case inquiry and request for reconsideration. They are allowing reopening even those apps in which the PCC was missing, you should be fine i think.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello might not be right place but can you please advise what should I do here:
My PR application is canceled with reason ECA report missing while I clearly uploaded it because I kept record of all files I uploaded.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-permanent-residency-rejected-reason-incomplete.756283/
If you are sure you attached the correct ECA from WES (specifically for IRCC), all you can do is wait to get a response to your CSE. In the meantime, apply for GCMS notes, it will include all documents received from you. That will let you if IRCC definitely got all your uploaded documents.

Reactions: shergill12

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If you are sure you attached the correct ECA from WES (specifically for IRCC), all you can do is wait to get a response to your CSE. In the meantime, apply for GCMS notes, it will include all documents received from you. That will let you if IRCC definitely got all your uploaded documents.
When you apply for the notes, make sure you indicate that you want the full notes, including all documents and correspondences uploaded and sent by you.

Reactions: shergill12

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I think its just an Indian thing. I saw an email that I sent in 2010 and guess what? I started with “Hi Sir”. I ashamed of my behavior.