+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC office in Edmonton-Alberta

E

erikag

jaycrew said:
Hi guys... I have heard nothing yet!!!
Tigmag, Jaycrew - Did you know that the local office has 8 months to schedule the test after the date of transfer? I have just talked to a very helpful agent who did not mind chatting a little with me and was not in a hurry to hang up. If you do not hear from CIC before the end of September/beginning of October, give CIC a call and they will send a message to your local office. They will only do it if you call them and ask them ...

genshez, you could also call them in about a month ... :)

Keep up posted!

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Thanks erikag.. i called them today and was advised that my application is still in the "background security check" process.. I am a Syrian citizen so I assume the current events are causing extra diligence in my background check. Hopefully i hear back soon

charmaine7888

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan122012
AOR Received.
march142012
Med's Done....
nov 2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
march 22 2012
VISA ISSUED...
asap
LANDED..........
asap
hi leon is it the same office for all albertans or edmonton and calgary separate?tnx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmaine7888 said:
hi leon is it the same office for all albertans or edmonton and calgary separate?tnx
The address is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

When your application has been received, CIC will contact you to schedule an appointment only if the situation justifies it or if deemed necessary by the processing office.

You can contact CIC if you submitted an application from within Canada and:
•the normal processing time for your application has passed and
•you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status page or
•you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
•you need urgent processing or
•you would like to make a refugee claim.

You may contact us by email or at 1-888-242-2100 and speak to an agent. Please note that Call Centre agents will inform you if your situation requires an appointment.

Calgary

Harry Hays Building
220 4th Avenue, SE, Room 210
Calgary, AB
T2G 4X3

In-person help by appointment only. Once your application has been received, CIC will contact you to schedule an appointment if deemed necessary by the processing office.

charmaine7888

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan122012
AOR Received.
march142012
Med's Done....
nov 2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
march 22 2012
VISA ISSUED...
asap
LANDED..........
asap

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Hi
I have written my citizenship test on March 15, 2012 in Edmonton and still did not hear about them. I called the call centre on June 20, 2012 and she told me to call back if I do not hear within the next month. I could not call the call centre back because it is always busy.
Is there anyone else who is having the same problem?

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hi guys.. sorry to ask again, but your opinion is my application still within reasonable processing time? I wish someone from CIC would be able to help shed some light on my application status. Any suggestions on how to proceed at this stage?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 16, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on January 27, 2012. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

E

erikag

jaycrew said:
Hi guys.. sorry to ask again, but your opinion is my application still within reasonable processing time? I wish someone from CIC would be able to help shed some light on my application status. Any suggestions on how to proceed at this stage?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 16, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on January 27, 2012. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

Please see my post on the top of this page. Your test invitation should arrive soon, otherwise I would call the Call Centre ....

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Congrats nwtspam!!

All: I noticed the website changed the 19 months predicted processing time to 21 months. Anyone know anything more about this?

E

erikag

Jaycrew, can you think of any reason why you have not received a test invitation letter yet? I am starting to get worried that this process will take forever for us! :(

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
erikag said:
Jaycrew, can you think of any reason why you have not received a test invitation letter yet? I am starting to get worried that this process will take forever for us! :(
This is quite frustrating..

I hear Edmonton has no citizenship judge does anyone know when this will change?

Also my file has been in Edmonton CIC office since January 27, when is a good time to order my CAIPS/GMCS notes? How does ordering these work?

Always appreciate your time in reading and replying to my posts.

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
You have the right to order your GMCS report anytime you want. I order mine every 30 days to keep myself informed. The call centre is next to useless. Don't waste your time with them.

jaycrew said:
This is quite frustrating..

I hear Edmonton has no citizenship judge does anyone know when this will change?

Also my file has been in Edmonton CIC office since January 27, when is a good time to order my CAIPS/GMCS notes? How does ordering these work?

Always appreciate your time in reading and replying to my posts.