+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC office in Edmonton-Alberta

fortmcmurray

Jun 7, 2009
Does someone know what is the contact number of CIC office in Edmonton. I am calling at 1-888-242-2100 but it is a centralized office's phone number. They are able to give the general information regarding Citizenship process time. I want to get some information from CIC office in Edmonton. Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think they have a phone. I dealt with them a bit for my PR and citizenship. You can go there but I don't think they take phonecalls.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is in Canada Place, the pink glass building downtown at 9700 Jasper Avenue. When you get there, it is best to ask information where to go. The CIC office is on the 2nd floor. They also have a Service Canada, Passport etc. in the same building.

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone what do you guys think aboutmytimeline.I can'tfindanywhere anyinfoabout2011/2012applicants. What do you guys think ..is the test happening soon

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 11, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 11, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter on December 19, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information orthe requested documents,please doso as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letterbefore sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contactingus.

We sent you a letter on December 20, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information orthe requested documents,please doso as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letterbefore sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contactingus.

Your file was transferred tothe EdmontonCICofficeonJanuary20,2012.TheEdmontonCICofficewill contact you ifadditionalinformation is required. The EdmontonCICofficewillcontact you regarding yourcitizenship test once allthe necessarychecks onyourfileare complete

Thank you all in advance

tigmag

Jul 22, 2008
You applied after me, but seem to be ahead now ;) My timeline is applied 24 May 2011, receipt and Discover Canada study book issued 30 May, processing started 14 December 2011, file transferred to Edmonton 6 February. Nothing more and still waiting.

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was there to ask about how to get a Visa Record so I can apply for an AB driver licence. Lots of ppl waiting, quite a surprise. After one hour a quite arrogant officer told me to read the CiC website about how to get a Visa Record. So helpful.

As an alternative I went to the Edmonton Intl Airport, departure terminal at the very south side (left when you go in). There some CiC officers are hidden in a small office and with luck you can catch one when they run out to grab a coffi. They have been extremely polite and helpful to answer my questions, even checked my status in the computer etc. Very cool.

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

http://www.informalberta.ca/public/organization/orgProfileStyled.do?organizationQueryId=198

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Here's mine, also waiting in Edmonton. The lady at the desk told me it could take up to 4 months to grant citizenship after the test??? Was this the case in Edmonton for anyone else?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 16, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on January 27, 2012. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

E

erikag

I am not sure what is going on at our local office but a year ago they have processed the files a lot faster. 4 months after they had started processing the files, most applicant were Canadian citizens. It takes a lot longer now. I see yours has been in process since the middle of November. Did the agent tell you when you should expect the test invitation letter?

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hello my friends. I just checked my CIC online. They did change it at midnight todAy. It says : 'We sent you a notice on April 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM' .. I'm so happy. And i think you guys and gals should be next .. I wish you people all the best.

E

erikag

K9fortmc, finally you have your test date. :) Good luck!

Jaycrew, any news?