+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC office in Edmonton-Alberta

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Genshez, tigmag, jaycrew, k9fortmc, Mr lonely20, jshahid - Have you heard anything from CIC since your last update?
I am still waiting form my test invitation letter and my file has been in process for almost 11 months ....

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
See following:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on November 29, 2011.

We sent you a notice on April 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your

I received that letter on may 13th and I wasnt checking my status update online, so now they have to reschedule it and I have been waiting since then

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
:D I haven't heard anything from the CIC yet but they seem moving things faster than before now. They have one cermony on January 11 but I am not invited yet.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOw, you have been waiting for almost a year.
Did you pass the test? Request an ATIP report and you will know if you passed. It has a few very important information (whether you passed the test or not, when your clearances will expire - you have to have valid clearances at the time of your oath, etc.) that call centre agents do not like to share with you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
The edmonton office has another ceremony of 80 people on 18 January hopefully some members of this forum are invited.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Too bad they do not list the test dates also. My stupid mailbox is always empty. I have been waiting for the letter since last spring ... :(

tigmag

Jul 22, 2008
OK, latest update in my saga. I have received a Residence Questionnaire, which the letter tells me I have 45 days to complete it and return. My passport is full of stamps and I guessed that the person examining it when I showed it at the citizenship test would have a tough time figuring out the dates of my travel outside of Canada. I didn't think I'd get an RQ though. I have looked through the questions and boy there is a lot of information to gather. I am wondering if it is not easier to withdraw my application and make a new one? Any thoughts.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tigmag said:
I am wondering if it is not easier to withdraw my application and make a new one? Any thoughts.
In general no, because withdrawing application will very likely trigger RQ with your subsequent application-- it's one of the RQ triggers.

Unless you have major issues with credibility or can't provide reasonable residency proof, don't withdraw your application.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Easyrider is right!
Do not withdraw it if you have enough supporting documents. You will probably get an RQ when you apply again.

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
another 80 new Canadians will take the oath on January 22 which makes the number of Canadians taking oath so far in this month 241. Hope everyone good luck

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
So i just got off the phone with the CIC officer and shetold me that as it has been over 8 months since the last send me an invite to write the test, she will send an inquiry to the local office.

Is any one aware if this inquiry help in any way?

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the Call Centre at the beginning of October and the agent sent a message to the local office for the same reason: delay in sending out invitation for test. The only response they received was

Quote from my ATIP report: "Client is in a queue for testing. Applicants are scheduled by file# order."

Since than nothing has happened. Unfortunately it seems sending messages won't help. :(