+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC office in Edmonton-Alberta

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Aww .. Thanks erica :)i guess it's Jaycrew's turn. I'm sure he will get it before this week ends. Good luck everyone. Any news erika and jaycrew??

E

erikag

Wow tigmag! You have been waiting for a long time. You will probably receive the date soon.

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
erikag said:
I am not sure what is going on at our local office but a year ago they have processed the files a lot faster. 4 months after they had started processing the files, most applicant were Canadian citizens. It takes a lot longer now. I see yours has been in process since the middle of November. Did the agent tell you when you should expect the test invitation letter?
dear all ,

just would like to ask ... the test is the same questionnaire for canadian citizenship ? since i read some people wrote test and some others wrote questionnaire .. pls advice

tigmag

Jul 22, 2008
Yes erikag - next week will be one year since I made the application and paid the money :eek: Still no change in my Check Application Status, and I called the CIC Call Centre and they tell me that its only a year, and the processing time online states that they have 19 months! Hard to believe that we actually pay for this service.

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Any news anyone ?? Myself in 3 days i'll be passing my test. I'm ready after a long 2 weeks of testing myself. I do recommend this web site for everyone that want to prepare and test himself before going for the official test :

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

That was super helpful! Enjoy and good luck everyone.
And by the way they did set 3 dates this month of May for 3 ceremonies. The 21st, 23rd and 29th in edmonton. I hope to pass the test on the 11th and be part of one of those ceremonies.

TIMAG & Erika any news !?!?

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
@amaniziad : the test is 99% multiple choice test. A uestion followed with 3 or 4 given answers. One of them is right! Also you might find in the whole test ( among the 25 questions) 1 or 2 'true or false' questions.

What's your timeline like !? Were you scheduled for a test too!? Which city is your cic office!?

Good luck

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
k9fortmc said:
@ amaniziad : the test is 99% multiple choice test. A uestion followed with 3 or 4 given answers. One of them is right! Also you might find in the whole test ( among the 25 questions) 1 or 2 'true or false' questions.

What's your timeline like !? Were you scheduled for a test too!? Which city is your cic office!?

Good luck
no dear , i am still outside canada waiting for PP request which is late by 7 months now ... but i am alwways reading everything to collect more infos helping me when i land ... and also i am trying to choose a good place for settlement and where to land ... i am still very confused ..
can u help and advice me ....

tigmag

Jul 22, 2008
amaniziad: your question is confusing. On this forum page we are talking specifically about Edmonton CIC office as this is the local office that processes our Canadian Citizenship applications. In order to get Canadian citizenship, we have to write (and pass) a multiple choice test, which as we are in or near to Edmonton, this is where we will have to go. The test examines our knowledge of Canadian history and political and judicial systems. The timeline for getting Canadian citizenship is officially stated as 19 months, but it appears that it may take longer - in my case it is one year since I applied and I have not even been invited yet to write the citizenship test. After that, there is a further period of waiting to be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony. This is all supposed to happen within the 19 months.

The questionnaire that you are referring to, I think relates to the Residency Questionnaire. I don't know too much about this but it seems that some people are asked to complete the questionnaire if it is not clear that they have been in Canada for 1095 nights before they apply for citizenship. The questionnaire asks them to show details of how they calculated their residency.

It seems you are still waiting for your Permanent Residence, and deciding which city to settle in once you get that. It is a hard question to answer, as it really relates to what your line of work is, and where you would most likely find a job. Alberta and Saskatchewan both have shortage of trade skills at moment, so if you have a trade, this is probably where you would want to base yourself.

Where you land also depends on what your status is when you arrive in Canada. If you come on a work permit, and then apply for Permanent Residence from within Canada, you will probably land at the nearest border crossing with the United States. If you have already got Permanent Residence before you arrive in Canada, then where you land will most likely be the airport you arrive at.

E

erikag

k9fortmc said:
TIMAG & Erika any news !?!?
Nothing here.

How was the test? Did you find it easy or hard? Can you remember any of the questions? Could you please share your experience?
Thanks! :)

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Test was so easy. No panic everyone. Just prepare ! Myself i didnt read the book at all .. All idud is do this test over and over and over for a week .. And there is no way you fail the test: http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

Good luck everyone:)

genshez

May 22, 2012
Hey K9fortmc what's good? Our timeline are few days apart....
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 5, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 5, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 23, 2011.

We sent you a letter on December 19, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on December 19, 2011. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a letter on December 20, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I called CIC few days ago. They told me, we sent your fingerprint to RCMP on April 16 and still waiting for verification. The funny part is, I got an emal from RCMP on May 7 that they've completed everything and sent my results to CIC Office in Edmonton on May 3. Is this normal or something fishy is going on? We all know CIC are lazy fckr eh

E

erikag

Genshez, when did you get the FP done? What did CIC do until April???

I am afraid our cases will be processed slower since there is no judge in Edmonton since January. :( They are probably sending the files to the Calgary judges to review and to make decision.