+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
My university is saying they have not received verification email from WES. I got VDR notification from WES yesterday. Should I wait.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
No response from WES..till now..my completion date as listed by WES is 6th July..but no change in status till now
Don’t worry. It could take a day or two for the report to come as they have quite a huge backlog because of this verification leg. My husband was committed his report on 19th June and it only came really late on the 20th. Do update us when the report comes! Delays in Friday reports are more frustrating I can well imagine, as you would now need to wait 2 more days till the Monday ;( Hang in there, and best of luck with the ECA report :)

surta

Mar 9, 2018
My Wife's ECA status has been again changed to "we have received your docs and reviewing it" from "we are reviewing ur evaluation report".
Also, the completion date is 11th july.
Is any body who faced same issue?

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Hi All,

I have a query regarding WES.
My name in passport is John Doe
My name on Engineering certificate is D John
My name on MBA degree is John D

Will this create an issue in WES evaluation?

shanshajahan

Jun 22, 2015
Last week, my wes status changed to ‘on hold’ for my MBA, as it needs to be further verification from my university( Madurai Kamaraj University). Thereafter, within couple of days I was able to communicate with the university personnel. They told me that, they haven’t received any verification mail from WES. In fact, they had got the verification request by standard post. After rigorous follow up with university, they have reverted back to WES through standard post.

1. I would like to know, is it common that WES would be sending verification request to universities via post rather than by email?

2. How long does it take the documents to reach WES by standard Indian post?

Experts,seniors and those who had similar experience, please share your thoughts.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I am a primary applicant for EE. Do in need to get ECA for my wife as well. kindly advise....
If you need the extra points (10 to be had for a Masters equivalency), then yes. If you’re getting a high enough CRS and are confident of an ITA without her ECA report and attendant spousal education credential points, then you don’t really NEED to get it done.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Last week, my wes status changed to ‘on hold’ for my MBA, as it needs to be further verification from my university( Madurai Kamaraj University). Thereafter, within couple of days I was able to communicate with the university personnel. They told me that, they haven’t received any verification mail from WES. In fact, they had got the verification request by standard post. After rigorous follow up with university, they have reverted back to WES through standard post.

1. I would like to know, is it common that WES would be sending verification request to universities via post rather than by email?

2. How long does it take the documents to reach WES by standard Indian post?

Experts,seniors and those who had similar experience, please share your thoughts.
1. Hmmm, they have been sending verification requests by both snail mail and email from what Im aware. But if there’s no clear ID specified for your Institution, it’s possible for only a snail mail to have been sent, I guess...

2. A standard postal mail should not take more than 10 days to reach WES but don’t take my word for it - I’ve only read this off other internet sources as I have no first hand experience.

Any views @samikdg or @Jaywalker?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi All,

I have a query regarding WES.
My name in passport is John Doe
My name on Engineering certificate is D John
My name on MBA degree is John D

Will this create an issue in WES evaluation?
Hard to say, but I am really not sure if CIC would like to do the task of matching names across documents. Your passport name should ideally be the reference point for all other documents. You might have better luck raising this query on a bigger forum, such as ‘WES Timeline for 2018’: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-timeline-for-2018.546104/

Reactions: Santacan

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
1. Hmmm, they have been sending verification requests by both snail mail and email from what Im aware. But if there’s no clear ID specified for your Institution, it’s possible for only a snail mail to have been sent, I guess...

2. A standard postal mail should not take more than 10 days to reach WES but don’t take my word for it - I’ve only read this off other internet sources as I have no first hand experience.

Any views @samikdg or @Jaywalker?
1. It could happen that WES sent the email and it went to Junk/Spam or it could also happen that only Snail Mail was sent. In addition to the snail mail, you can also request your institute to fax the verification response. The fax number should be mentioned in the letter.
2. When I sent my transcripts by DHL, it took just 2 days. Through India Post, I suppose it should reach within 10 days on average.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hello Members,
Need help from folks who might have faced this weird situation from WES. My account report was going to be completed on 6/15 next week. All of a sudden the status changed to "ON HOLD" - Need verification of documents from Issuing Institution. This is so Bizarre request to again verify documents from the same institution that provided the documents. I do not understand what is their intention here. Looks like they just want to delay the matter.
Anyone faced this situation please help.
https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/verification-status/
This is what the above link says
"
What to Know About the Verification Status
Saturday | March 18, 2017 | by WES Advisor
You will have a “Verification” status in My Account when:
  • The documents received from the applicant differ from the documents WES has received from the same institution or system of education.
  • The documents received were sent from a certain country, institution, or during a particular situation where the authenticity of the documents or institution must be confirmed.
During this time, WES will send your documents to the issuing institution or authority for verification. There’s no action required by you during this process. The verification process can take up to seven weeks and depends on how quickly your institution replies to our request. If the status of your documents does not change to “Accepted” within seven weeks, please contact us and we will send a second verification request to your institution.

Although the verification process may take some time, the benefits of this process will lead to an accurate and verified WES evaluation report that is trusted and accepted by thousands of institutions in North America.

"
I called WES customer service, they said they have emailed my university to verify the documents. I am not sure my Pune university replies to such request.
How long will WES again take to approve and provide the ECA report after the verification has been done?

Hi @burm7793,

Did you get any update from Pune Uni??

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hi @burm7793,

Did you get any update from Pune Uni??

Hey @Nishika22 & @Jaywalker @burm7793 ,

My status went "On hold" as the university person told me a different process & didn't mention the reference no. on the verification letter that WES provided via post/ email, while they added my ref. no.
I wasn't aware that WES has a separate ref. no. that they provide when they send docs for a verification process & now my application is delayed cos of this. I so feel that WES should involve the candidates as well in this process as the uni wont help or support unless the student visits them 5-6 times & plead.

My university says that they will give me an envelope for the verification request & I will have to post it on my own. Do I mention my reference no. on the envelope?
Also, if yes then which reference no. should be mentioned
1. My Ref. no. that I received when I created a WES profile.
2. The one which WES sent to the university for the Verification request.

This process is extremely unorganized as the university is least bothered & lack of cooperation. They don't check mails or attend calls, it's so easy to just revert on the mail with the scanned doc. They are not even ready to mail the Verification letter which they are providing in an envelope.

Please help if you know about mentioning the ref. no. on the verification envelope.....

Thanks

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
Got evaluated as one year PG course of my MBA while I has done two year full time residential MBA-ITBM course from Symbiosis...Any suggestions..

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hi @ashu_h_89 , as suggested by @Jaywalker, you would need to get the documents that have already been sent, verified by Pune University. Sending the same documents, even if there is mention of a verification being conducted, would not serve the purpose. While it is logical to assume that the verification of the documents, done proactively, should suffice just as well as a direct response to the WES verification email or snail mail by the concerned University authority, such is unfortunately not the case. NOTE: The 10-digit verification ID MUST be quoted, exactly as received by the University in the verification request sent out by WES. Also, they must word the response to clearly indicate that verification is being done against the request sent by WES, and that the documents provided by WES are in order to proceed with the evaluation of the concerned candidate. WES is indeed quite draconian on that point :( Hope you find these tips useful, and are able to get your status out of 'on hold' to 'in progress' soon :)
Hey @Nishika22 @Jaywalker
Thanks a ton for sharing details. WES has sent a letter to the university stating that "the enclosed documents are to be verified, it has a unique ref. no. 10 digit no" as you guys mentioned (which the uni. didnt bother to check)
My previous letters that I sent didnt have the "10 digit ref. no." as the person in the uni. told me to fill the academic record form from the WES site & I put my ref.no. in that. Thus, my letters had "my 7 digit ref.no."

So if I put the "10 digit no." I think my status wont go on hold???

My university said, they wont post the envelopes. They will give me the letters in a sealed, stamped & signed envelope & I post it separately to WES.
So,
1. Is it fine if I send across the envelopes to WES?
2. Do I mention my ref.no. on the outside of both envelopes, if yes then which one (10 digit or 7 digit)??
3. Should I also send "Attested photocopies" of my marksheet, passing cert. & degree cert. along with the letters or will the letter suffice he need??

My status goes "On hold" everytime for some or the other missing info which is difficult to crack all the time. Its been the case for now over 2 months.... :( :( :( :(

The uni. doesn't cooperate & help...

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hey @Nishika22 @Jaywalker
Thanks a ton for sharing details. WES has sent a letter to the university stating that "the enclosed documents are to be verified, it has a unique ref. no. 10 digit no" as you guys mentioned (which the uni. didnt bother to check)
My previous letters that I sent didnt have the "10 digit ref. no." as the person in the uni. told me to fill the academic record form from the WES site & I put my ref.no. in that. Thus, my letters had "my 7 digit ref.no."

So if I put the "10 digit no." I think my status wont go on hold???

My university said, they wont post the envelopes. They will give me the letters in a sealed, stamped & signed envelope & I post it separately to WES.
So,
1. Is it fine if I send across the envelopes to WES?
2. Do I mention my ref.no. on the outside of both envelopes, if yes then which one (10 digit or 7 digit)??
3. Should I also send "Attested photocopies" of my marksheet, passing cert. & degree cert. along with the letters or will the letter suffice he need??

My status goes "On hold" everytime for some or the other missing info which is difficult to crack all the time. Its been the case for now over 2 months.... :( :( :( :(

The uni. doesn't cooperate & help...
I already replied to you few days back explaining what needs to be done - Even @Nishika22 elaborated further - But you are asking same thing again