+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi everyone

I am new to this thread. Actually I am asking here for my sister. She is applying under EE and was making her WES account but the thing is that Her name on the education certificate has her and our father's surname while the passport has her name,our father's surname plus husband's surname. I went through alot of other threads and what I could understand was that

1) she needs to create wes profile as per her passport name and wherever education details are asked she should put the name as per her degree. Is that correct ? Also She is the primary applicant applying under EE.

2) Post ITA stage she should attach LOE and affidavit explaining the situation. That is what she needs to follow right ?

Any body who has faced similar kind of situation and could help me out.

Thanks

Sonalrishiraj

Mar 28, 2021
Hello all,
My ECA is pending since December 2020 for secondary verification from Calicut University. Now according to WES they want the verification electronically only. I have been communicating with my university on a regular basis and they are saying that they haven’t received any email so far. As per WES they have sent the verification request 3-4 times to the university. It’s been 3 months now and there is no reply from the university and WES refuses to disclose any further information as to whom/where the email is being sent to. I’m stuck with my application and feeling really helpless. Has anyone faced similar issue?

Simmygrover

Feb 6, 2020
Hello all,
My ECA is pending since December 2020 for secondary verification from Calicut University. Now according to WES they want the verification electronically only. I have been communicating with my university on a regular basis and they are saying that they haven’t received any email so far. As per WES they have sent the verification request 3-4 times to the university. It’s been 3 months now and there is no reply from the university and WES refuses to disclose any further information as to whom/where the email is being sent to. I’m stuck with my application and feeling really helpless. Has anyone faced similar issue?

Hi,
It happened to me also, in my case they were sending email to registrar of the university. So you can check with university for any official email id that is mentioned on their website.

kearun

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hello all,
There will be an email you have mentioned while filling the wes application at University. Remember that application paper(print out form if I remember correctly) will be duly signed by vc and affixed to the transcript before closing the envelope by the University. Check with the University person who has done the signature on the wes application form. He may be knowing.

Sonalrishiraj

Mar 28, 2021
Yes.. it was YMCA faridabad
And WES needs reply from the same email on which they are sending email.. reply from any other email won't work.
You were quite lucky I guess. I’m in contact through email with the registrar and according to him he hasn’t received any such email from WES and he claims that all the verification emails are sent on his email. How long did your verification process took?

Simmygrover

Feb 6, 2020
You were quite lucky I guess. I’m in contact through email with the registrar and according to him he hasn’t received any such email from WES and he claims that all the verification emails are sent on his email. How long did your verification process took?
It took me 8 months to get my verification done.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hello all,
Hello,

I also faced this verification trouble. WES would have sent a VDR email to your university. That email would consist of a unique 10 digit reference number and the email body would consist of the email address to which your university should respond back. They should NEVER reply directly as the original verification email comes from a automated system and direct reply will bounce back. The person responding to such email should first open the email, note down the unique code and then reply to the email id mentioned inside the email body. While replying, they must mention the unique 10 digit reference number in the reply (this is a must, otherwise the verification response will be invalid).

You should check with registrar' office or office of controller of exams. The VDR email from WES must have reached email id's of these officers and they must have received the VDR email around the same time as WES says. WES always expects electronic reply. It's just a 5 minute work if the university clerk or officer is sincere. You need to visit the university in person and chase the concerned offices. At first this looks herculean task! You must insist they look at older emails. Also, they need to "open" each older email as the VDR email doesn't include your name in subject. Your name and reference number will appear in email body. So, without opening each older email, they can't find the one that is sent for you. I guess, currently what they r doing is.. They must be searching in their mailbox with your name. That simply won't work!! You must go to them, stand above their seats and insist that they start from around 3 months back. They must open each email and see the name inside. It will take some time before they finally find the email that has your name inside. As soon as it is retrieved, then only task left is a proper reply.
One useful pro-tip: At times, the clerk who would actually be sitting on computer to search for your email may expect some reward ;) (₹200 or 500) in return. To fasten up things and to ensure he sincerely works, you may ask for his Paytm or Google Pay number, depending on what vibes you get at that moment. Remember, not all office babus are same so that's a decision you need to take looking at his body language. Hence you need to be there in person. ☺

I hope this helps.. All the best.

Sonalrishiraj

Mar 28, 2021
Hello,

I also faced this verification trouble. WES would have sent a VDR email to your university. That email would consist of a unique 10 digit reference number and the email body would consist of the email address to which your university should respond back. They should NEVER reply directly as the original verification email comes from a automated system and direct reply will bounce back. The person responding to such email should first open the email, note down the unique code and then reply to the email id mentioned inside the email body. While replying, they must mention the unique 10 digit reference number in the reply (this is a must, otherwise the verification response will be invalid).

You should check with registrar' office or office of controller of exams. The VDR email from WES must have reached email id's of these officers and they must have received the VDR email around the same time as WES says. WES always expects electronic reply. It's just a 5 minute work if the university clerk or officer is sincere. You need to visit the university in person and chase the concerned offices. At first this looks herculean task! You must insist they look at older emails. Also, they need to "open" each older email as the VDR email doesn't include your name in subject. Your name and reference number will appear in email body. So, without opening each older email, they can't find the one that is sent for you. I guess, currently what they r doing is.. They must be searching in their mailbox with your name. That simply won't work!! You must go to them, stand above their seats and insist that they start from around 3 months back. They must open each email and see the name inside. It will take some time before they finally find the email that has your name inside. As soon as it is retrieved, then only task left is a proper reply.
One useful pro-tip: At times, the clerk who would actually be sitting on computer to search for your email may expect some reward ;) (₹200 or 500) in return. To fasten up things and to ensure he sincerely works, you may ask for his Paytm or Google Pay number, depending on what vibes you get at that moment. Remember, not all office babus are same so that's a decision you need to take looking at his body language. Hence you need to be there in person. ☺

Many thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate more information on the unique 10 Digit reference number. Furthermore what source should I seek that will provide me with this 10 digit number.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Many thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate more information on the unique 10 Digit reference number. Furthermore what source should I seek that will provide me with this 10 digit number.
Hello,

You are not supposed to be knowing the 10 digit reference number. That's between the WES and the verifying body i.e your education institution. When WES sees that the replying institution has mentioned the 10 digit code, then know for sure that the reply is coming from genuine place. That's basically a token to be exchanged between WES and the education Institute.
Don't ever ask WES abt it!! They will never tell u the same way as they never tell u which email address they have send VDR. All this is done to maintain authenticity

Hope this is clear.

Cheers.

Sonalrishiraj

Mar 28, 2021
Hello,

How long did your secondary verification took? And which university? How did you get to know about the process you have mentioned above?

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
How long did your secondary verification took? And which university? How did you get to know about the process you have mentioned above?
I guess u still have doubts! This information is applicable to all universities not just my university. You are not supposed to know the 10 digit code or the email id to which the university is being asked to respond in that email. Thats a process between WES and ur University. You may go thru this thread also from the start.. And there are few similar threads on this site where others also shared Wes verification experience.
You should now come out of analysis paralysis as this is holding you back and get going because the more you delay, the more chances of negative outcome from WES.
All the best.

Sonalrishiraj

Mar 28, 2021
Hi,
Since I don’t reside in India I’m dependent on my processing agent. So, I have asked him to go there personally and get the job done as per your method above. I will be out of this prolonged paralysis only when this verification is complete. Cheers to you in advance if I pull through this as my verification is on hold since 3 months now.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
Since I don’t reside in India I’m dependent on my processing agent. So, I have asked him to go there personally and get the job done as per your method above. I will be out of this prolonged paralysis only when this verification is complete. Cheers to you in advance if I pull through this as my verification is on hold since 3 months now.
You will definitely come out of this messy situation. Someone needs to just visit the university and spend some money (if needed) to cheer up the clerks there and everything will be sorted. As soon as your university replies back, your wes status will change from "On Hold" to "In Process" within 6-10 hours. All the best..