+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hello @ashu_h_89. First of all sorry for all trouble you have faced.
You are on wrong track here brother. WES is never going to accept documents coming from you for verification purposes. It defeats the sole purpose for which verification is required by WES. Please do not take this hard copy letter route. I think the faster process is via email.
Now read & understand very carefully as this needs to be done correctly. Univ does not like folks irritating them again & again, so please do it right the very first time. Go to transcripts department, plead to Mr. XXXX [912025601221] numerous times & ask him to check inbox of email{certificate@unipune.ac.in/transcript@pun.unipune.ac.in} whichever is written on your transcripts, and search email from WES by your full name & 7 digit WES reference number. Please give him the date you received VDR email from them. This will also be the date WES sent out email to Pune Univ. WES has added 3 additional digits in front of your 7 digit ref. number to make up the 10 digit unique ID. This 10 digit needs to be mentioned when they reply to WES email. Also very important in the body of the email WES has given email address they want the reply to. This email has to be included when Univ sends their reply in the TO field not the CC field. Ask them to write a line saying "The attached documents{SOM, Transcripts, Degree Certificate} have been verified by our institution Pune University and were prepared for the purpose of validation of 2 year MBA course completion by ASHU in the year XXXX".
Heya @burm7793 thanks a ton for this reply and detailed explanation.
Did u send an email like this to wes and then was the response accepted. Please do let me know. The pune uni ppl are not cooperating at all. :(

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hello @ashu_h_89. First of all sorry for all trouble you have faced.
You are on wrong track here brother. WES is never going to accept documents coming from you for verification purposes. It defeats the sole purpose for which verification is required by WES. Please do not take this hard copy letter route. I think the faster process is via email.
Now read & understand very carefully as this needs to be done correctly. Univ does not like folks irritating them again & again, so please do it right the very first time. Go to transcripts department, plead to Mr. XXXX [912025601221] numerous times & ask him to check inbox of email{certificate@unipune.ac.in/transcript@pun.unipune.ac.in} whichever is written on your transcripts, and search email from WES by your full name & 7 digit WES reference number. Please give him the date you received VDR email from them. This will also be the date WES sent out email to Pune Univ. WES has added 3 additional digits in front of your 7 digit ref. number to make up the 10 digit unique ID. This 10 digit needs to be mentioned when they reply to WES email. Also very important in the body of the email WES has given email address they want the reply to. This email has to be included when Univ sends their reply in the TO field not the CC field. Ask them to write a line saying "The attached documents{SOM, Transcripts, Degree Certificate} have been verified by our institution Pune University and were prepared for the purpose of validation of 2 year MBA course completion by ASHU in the year XXXX".
@burm7793 i went to the uni again and they asked me to fill the verification academic form again n pay the fees. I did that. Now they again gave me a sealed envelope n asked me to post the same.

My transcript that wes has sent in the vdr mail is incorrect (as the transcript Dept. made mistakes)
Now I have my “degree certificate” verified and sealed envelope for it (with the 10 digit code). Do I post the degree certificate verification envelope to wes??

For transcript I’ll have to take a letter from the registrar. N attach n send the correct transcript with a mail body stating that my transcript is verified and revised one is attached.

Please help me here bro, I have been following up for over 3 months now :(
University ppl are unaware about updates and the don’t understand the importance of the process. :(

rubals

Jul 11, 2018
Hi @nikesh25 , completely identify with your predicament! My husband was in the same situation all of last week - simply because it is not clear to issuing institutions which ID they have to send the verification confirmation to! I’ve looped you in on a separate conversation where the verification email is shared, so you can guide your institute on which ID to send their response to. Best of luck!
Hi Guys, I am in a same situation, can you please guide me so as i can guide my institute to email on which ID

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Anybody on this thread recently got the ECA? My wife's ECA due date is 13th July and the status has been at "Evaluation Report under Review" from 22nd June. Not sure whether we'll get the ECA on due date? Even my own ECA is due on 18th July (after it came out of hold) but status has not moved after 27th June.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi Guys, I am in a same situation, can you please guide me so as i can guide my institute to email on which ID
Hi @rubals, have replied to you on the conversation thread. As such, the email ID should now be specified in a ‘Reply to’ field and will likely be along the lines of verifcaX@wes.org, where ‘X’ stands for the unique number assigned to your case. I believe the institute would have made the common mistake of replying to auto-sender@wes.org, which was the case with my husband’s institution as well! It’s the WES wording in their verification email that’s to blame - and your issuing institution would definitely need your guidance on how to respond.

Reactions: ashu_h_89

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Anybody on this thread recently got the ECA? My wife's ECA due date is 13th July and the status has been at "Evaluation Report under Review" from 22nd June. Not sure whether we'll get the ECA on due date? Even my own ECA is due on 18th July (after it came out of hold) but status has not moved after 27th June.
Don’t worry @samikdg, WES is notorious for not updating the status after ‘We are reviewing your evaluation report’, though the last indicated stage is ‘Your evaluation is in progress’ (which never comes!). The report itself nevertheless does come on time. At least mine did! My husband’s was delayed by a day or two, but even his status was ‘We are reviewing your evaluation report’ till the very end. Best of luck and hope your wife gets her report tomorrow itself - and yours follows suit on the 18th of July!!! :)

monika@786

Jul 12, 2018
Thanks
How did they identify institute ID is from website or some other channel, WES has send verification for my docs request to PTU, I am not sure how to take it forward with college without knowing recipient ID
Hi @kamy18
have you received any update from wes canada, on which email id of PTU they have send the verification of documents.
Mine is also the same case , profile is onhold since June6.
please update me if you have any info,

D@K

Oct 13, 2016
Hey friends, I decided to put my question in this thread assuming that you guys know much more about WES and ECA.
I have done a four years bachelor degree in Engineering in India. What should be the equivalent degree evaluation for that in Canada by ECA??

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018

nikesh25

Mar 21, 2018
My ECA status moved out of 'on hold' on 9th July, with evaluation completion date of 9th July ...but no change in the status so far neither I have received any report. When checked with call center people they said - we can not tell you the timeline, your evaluation has not yet started, we are reviewing your documents received :(

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
My ECA status moved out of 'on hold' on 9th July, with evaluation completion date of 9th July ...but no change in the status so far neither I have received any report. When checked with call center people they said - we can not tell you the timeline, your evaluation has not yet started, we are reviewing your documents received :(
So sorry to hear that @nikesh25! I’d always thought that WES at least respects the timelines for the final evaluation, irrespective of any hoops they make us jump through for the documents themselves. While my report came on time, my husband received his report on the 21st June, 2 days after they had committed to provide it. In your case though, it does appear that at least 3 working days have passed with no update. I’d recommend that you raise a complaint over the Contact Us form, as well as ping @WESCanada on Twitter. The Twitter team is very responsive and ensures that the evaluation team does not get off lightly. Best of luck with getting your report soon!

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Don’t worry @samikdg, WES is notorious for not updating the status after ‘We are reviewing your evaluation report’, though the last indicated stage is ‘Your evaluation is in progress’ (which never comes!). The report itself nevertheless does come on time. At least mine did! My husband’s was delayed by a day or two, but even his status was ‘We are reviewing your evaluation report’ till the very end. Best of luck and hope your wife gets her report tomorrow itself - and yours follows suit on the 18th of July!!! :)
Thanks for your words Nishika, you've been super helpful to all on this thread :)
I see that you guys have already received the ITA and submitted the PR application as well! My congratulations and best of luck for the rest of the process!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thanks for your words Nishika, you've been super helpful to all on this thread :)
I see that you guys have already received the ITA and submitted the PR application as well! My congratulations and best of luck for the rest of the process!
Thanks for the kind words @samikdg! WES did take time but their ECA reports were thorough and helped both my husband & I secure a Masters equivalency for Canada - and more than that we could hardly have hoped for! I’m confident your report, as well as your wife’s, will be worth the wait :)

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Thank you so much for this ! I'll share this with my friend and hope that she's successful with this. Will let you know the result ! Thanks once again.
Hello Everyone,

After so much discussion, my friend's WES finally shows as 'Evaluation in Progress' (the indian post courier did finally reach and they successfully accepted the same as well). The entire process got dragged by almost 20-30 days but oh well, atleast this bit is over.

Special thanks to @Nishika22 @Jaywalker for their guidance. I hope everyone is able to finally get the 'On Hold' situation sorted. Hopefully, my friend's WES report should be ready within a week or so ! Thank you once again !

Reactions: Nishika22